Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 19:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 23:28 

Well looks like the post sort of worked. Latest response from developers:

HiRezErez wrote:
At some point we will look at it again, for now there are higher priorities.

So at least they are not dismissing it out of hand anymore. Dunno if this changes their stance, I certainly hope so. I can't imagine a game like Global Agenda worrying about "unfair" hardware configs. That's definitely taking itself too seriously and kind of turns off people who are looking for a game to have fun in. Anyways, feel free to reply in the GA forums and show your support. It's a fun game which would be made even better with some triple monitor goodness.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 13:55 

Hi all

That is really bad news. I hope this doesn't begin to be industry wide thinking.
I was really worried when I got Rise of Flight. It was completely vert- in triscreen when it came out. By completely vert-, that's exactly what I mean too. It simply took the standard single screen image and stretched it to fit across three panels. With all the talk about offering fair online play, I was worried they did that so triscreen could not be an advantage. Thankfully that wasn't the case and the devs corrected the aspect for proper triscreen display very quickly.

No doubt that folks with triscreen do have an advantage, but like has been pointed out, there are many other things that also offer advantages over other types hardware too. To single out triscreen as something bad for multiplayer is concerning.

I'm not playing Global Agenda and have no plans to get it, but I hope you guys get the proper support from the devs. As long as single users are not crying foul, it shouldn't matter to the devs. Now with AMD and soon NV offering triscreen solutions, their power should help to make sure games are released with the proper resolutions and aspect ratios for triscreen. I guess all you can do is lobby as much as possible. The squeaky wheel method, you know.

Good luck.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 06:25 
Insiders
Insiders

I was really surprised to see this after I had gotten this reply from HiRezStew when I inquired about Eyefinity some time ago : http://forum.globalagendagame.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=8906 (requires beta access)

The /setres command Zypher indicated will "work" in the sense that it will change your resolution to the indicated dimensions. But the specific multiple-monitor configuration is not tested or officially supported at the moment, and thus I would expect some things to potentially not work, and other things to work but potentially be awkward. From light, unofficial testing, it generally looks like the Combat missions will be largely fine, but you may see some problems in a few other areas (such as character creation).

-Stew

Though, when I got in game, it was very much the opposite, character creation was fine, combat was unplayable.. :-| Go figure.

I hope HiRez pulls their head out of their asses and gets around to supporting this, I had been looking forward to this game for a really long time..

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 19:21 
Insiders
Insiders

I was really surprised to see this after I had gotten this reply from HiRezStew when I inquired about Eyefinity some time ago : http://forum.globalagendagame.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=8906 (requires beta access)

Yeah, I got the game to be tricked and run at 3840x1024 in Windowed mode, but the game is way way Vert- so there's no point.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 19:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Kyle over at HardOCP is calling for a boycott of this game because of this very issue:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/02/11/dont_buy_global_agenda_editorial

I'm with him on this one and, frankly, am THRILLED to have Kyle and HardOCP onboard for triplehead gaming.

He's giving it lots of attention.

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 20:53 

Yeah, Kyle's a good chap to have on your side, as he does tend to be rather outspoken & therefore attracts a lot of attention. He's gone completely nuts for Eyefinity, which is kinda fun to watch :mrgreen: .

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 23:02 
Founder
Founder

Kyle over at HardOCP is calling for a boycott of this game because of this very issue:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/02/11/dont_buy_global_agenda_editorial

I'm with him on this one and, frankly, am THRILLED to have Kyle and HardOCP onboard for triplehead gaming.

He's giving it lots of attention.

I decided that we would join him in the Boycott.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/Main_Page

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 12:30 

Left a post in there forums.
Also I definitely won't buy any game that doesn't support TH properly or allows tweaks to make it work.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 21:55 

This game was one the games I was looking forward to the most this year. I saw it at Quakecon and fell in love. After setting up Eyefinity though, I find that I just can't go back to single-monitor gaming... Because HiRez won't support Eyefinity this game has dropped me from a definite subscriber that was watching the game for months down to someone who won't even boot up the copy that they pre-ordered.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 01:06 

I don't get how they can allow a bunch of other hardware that gives players an advantage, but not triple-head.

They're even allowing 120Hz monitors; someone playing on a 120Hz monitor at 120FPS can react twice as fast as someone on a 60Hz monitor locked to 60FPS. Such a monitor can also be used to enable stereoscopic 3D with shutter glasses, giving the user true depth perception. How is that fare when being able to see wider isn't?