Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Aug 2024, 08:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2009, 02:52 

I had a config wipe recently, because my PC bluescreened out due to bad drivers, but the side effect of this was, that my arrow on the normal map is now scaled properly (not the minimap, the normal map).
It may also have been caused by an update to the mapster addon I use, not sure, but if you have problems with the size of the arrow on your normal map, wiping your wtf configs may help

at least I can see my arrow on the normal map now, the only workaround for the minimap arrow is still resizing chinchilla.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2009, 12:48 
Insiders
Insiders

Well, sorry for bumping an old thread but i'd like to point out that on the PTR currently (patch 3.1.0, hopefully coming out tomorrow :D), the problem with the minimap arrow seems to me fixed. Running at 5040x1050 the arrow is now back to it's normal size. I was also experiencing an issue were the player arrow was actually off center, making it difficult to navigate to nodes and such on the minimap, this also was fixed for me.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2009, 23:32 

This is good news. :)

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2009, 11:26 

Issues with TH2G and WoW

WoW 3.1
My solutions:

1) UI placement. Minimap sizing. These can be completely solved with the Fluid Frames addon.

2) Tooltip placement. Most of the tooltips can be moved around with the Mousetip addon.

3) Floating combat text too large and pixelated. I turned off floating combat text and instead use the MSBT addon.

Things I can't solve:

A) Chat bubbles are HUGE. I've heard this is not modifiable.

B) Experience recieved upon mob kill is HUGE.

C) Minimap player icon is fine in 3.1. Map player icon is tiny.

If anyone has solutions to these, I would really appreciate your help.

I've noticed that even addons like Fountain can't change the size of the combat text or chat bubbles, it can only change the font. I wonder if combat text, chat bubbles and the experience-recieved are all set by Blizzard so the end user can't mess with them.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2009, 16:09 

Hi, The XP text and chat bubbles are apparently in a region where the addon developers cannot acces. So until Blizzard makes it available to the developers, it will stay this way.

Just search the Wow forums and you will find some info. :)

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 15:01 

C) I use chinchilla for minimap and mapster for normal map and on both the player position arrow icon is normal sized

I am experiencing another problem though, crashes to desktop with "could not allocate memory" errors, usually after or while running around in Dalaran.
either blizzards memory management skills suck badly or 512mb vram just isn't enough for 4320x900 4AA 8AF