Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 04:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2010, 20:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Cool! If he needs another tester you can put him in touch with me.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2010, 03:11 

This is the kind of support you rarely see from developers. I will be a DICE supporter for life if they get this fixed.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2010, 06:47 
Insiders
Insiders

This is the kind of support you rarely see from developers. I will be a DICE supporter for life if they get this fixed.

DICE really does care about their PC customers, that's for sure.

I've been playing a marathon session today to test out this new build and I'm happy to say I've not seen one single crash to desktop with their fix using bezel comp. 5960x1080 x2 AA and x4 AF high settings, no ambient occlusion. Looks like they got it working!

Mikael says it's likely that this will be included in the next client update.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2010, 01:50 

Cool that we might get a fix for this.. What I did find, in my situation, was that running it with low settings the game never crashes. Put stuff back on high and it starts crashing again. Haven't really pinpointed this to 1 setting yet though.

I tried a million other things but this is all that worked for me.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2010, 17:36 

This is great news. I have gone back to playing on a single monitor for now. Really glad they are finally following up on this -- this was the first game I ever played that natively centered the hud and worked out of the box for eyefinity.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2010, 07:13 

Cool! If he needs another tester you can put him in touch with me.

Ditto!

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 16:50 

Same here -- I'm experiencing the same issue and this is the only title afflicted. It's a shame, too, with Vietnam being released -- this game is pretty as anything in WS.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 21:26 

Just got this game from steam today and I'm playing on 3 dell 22's. I've noticed in some of the snow scenes it is very bright and in some darker scenes it seems very dark. Is this normal on this game? I don't have a problem with any other game. Also using the sniper rifle in the snow scenes trying to protect the satellite dish is way to bright and can't even see anything. Is this normal? Are all the cut scenes just on the middle screen? Is there any fixes or downloads for this game that members on here have come up with that fix certain things?

Thanks for the help and the answers to my questions.

Hope the OP doesn't mind me asking this in this thread didn't want to start another just for these questions.

I have the 5870, 4 gig ram and quad core 3.4 amd.

What settings should I mess with to get the best graphics and keep my frames playable. Right now I switched it over to High and seems to run alright but haven't adjusted any advanced. My 3 monitors run at 1680x1050.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 22:31 

Just got this game from steam today and I'm playing on 3 dell 22's. I've noticed in some of the snow scenes it is very bright and in some darker scenes it seems very dark. Is this normal on this game? I don't have a problem with any other game. Also using the sniper rifle in the snow scenes trying to protect the satellite dish is way to bright and can't even see anything. Is this normal? Are all the cut scenes just on the middle screen? Is there any fixes or downloads for this game that members on here have come up with that fix certain things?

Thanks for the help and the answers to my questions.

Hope the OP doesn't mind me asking this in this thread didn't want to start another just for these questions.

I have the 5870, 4 gig ram and quad core 3.4 amd.

What settings should I mess with to get the best graphics and keep my frames playable. Right now I switched it over to High and seems to run alright but haven't adjusted any advanced. My 3 monitors run at 1680x1050.

I have a similar rig and am able to run 5760x1080 (6048x1080) with all settings on High, HBAO Off, 2x AA in the singleplayer. For multiplayer I am cpu limited (q6600 @ 3.4Ghz) so I use 1 screen with everything cranked.

The bloom is pretty excessive in this game - you can toggle it on and off in the settings.ini file in your Documentsbc2 folder, but it's subtle.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2010, 20:35 

Guys -- go back and try this again -- I've been playing BFBC2 Vietnam all weekend and not one drop to desktop... Looks like something got updated somewhere, either that of Vietnam just works (which wouldn't make sense to me as they use the same engine, obviously). :cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next