Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 03:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 06:30 

We can adjust in-game FOV via Hack, pictured 4800x900 or something @ 144 FOV

Other concerns are:

-HUD
-Cut scenes locked to 16:9 aspect

What hack adjusts it?

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 06:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Custom - memory editing...

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 18:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Custom - memory editing...

Good sir would like to release a tool, or the places in memory you hacked? I think with cheat engine you can change values in memory. I've always wanted to try messing with FOV and HUD values using it, but I have no idea where to look.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011, 12:18 
Insiders
Insiders

default FOV is 70F... I don't own the game hence no fix release - I was only looking for interests sake.

Do a scan for ~70.00000, plus or minus a few zero's... returns 100 or so results - you will get away with changing them all (altho I wouldn't generally suggest it, such things often cause crashes) the offset will change on restart and level change.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011, 21:29 

So there is no way to increase the FOV using any of the normal INI files, I'm guessing? I could live with the stretched HUD but the I can't play with the awful default FOV even on single screen.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011, 22:30 

Edit 4, and final edit. Tutorial will be coming along eventually:

So, Suiken_2mieu, Fantafaust (not registered here), and I basically spent all day trying to get MNC to run correctly. Let me tell you, it is a royal pain in the ass. Using HaYDeN's FOV of 70, and a copy of CheatEngine6 we decided to investigate how to fix this. The number to search for is 70.0000 and is a float. We kept searching and found out that there's two numbers that change the FOV, and about 5 that change when the FOV is changed. We also discovered that, well, the space in memory for the FOV likes to move depending on what's going on. While you can change the FOV and restart that same game over and over again and it come out working fine, going to a new single player mode, or entering multiplayer in general will cause the FOV to reset forcing you to hunt down the place in memory (this time completely different again). Why the game does this I'm not sure of, but I can definitely say that you're going to have a hell of a time trying to play this for any amount of time over multimonitor with the correct FOV.

Now, we may be wrong. There might be something we didn't find... I hope so, or else this game is pretty much unplayable until the developer fixes it.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 07:02 
Insiders
Insiders

They ought to just add support to custom FOVs into this game, it's already third person so it won't be a huge difference.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 08:45 
Insiders
Insiders

its fixable (FOV atleast) - either find someone who has the game and can derive the pointers and supply them to me, or someone needs to shout me the game :) haha

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 22:25 

its fixable (FOV atleast) - either find someone who has the game and can derive the pointers and supply them to me, or someone needs to shout me the game :) haha

Oh I believe it, it's just that I wanna know why the FOV pointer keeps moving around. It moves every single time the game mode is changed, and it doesn't just stay in one spot for that game mode.

If you want, I can send you one of the guest passes I have. I dunno how long they last though.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 06:29 
Insiders
Insiders

That should work - SteamID: lolhax

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next