Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 18:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2010, 02:08 
Administrators
Administrators

Far out there are some hilarious Just Cause 2 blooper type videos on Youtube, such as this and this. Tears from laughing so much, especially the second one.

Still can't work out why the game drops back to 5040 x 1050, if I bring up the Steam overlay it does the same thing. 5040x1050 is one of my Catalyst presaved hotkey-able desktops (along with the bezel compensated 5300x1050 and single screen 1680x1050) but not the one I am launching the game from so who knows.

Tried a few things like disabling the screen saver and all but doesn't seem to change it.

Still having fun anyhow, especially for the $7 it cost my brother.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2010, 17:02 

I bought it during the Steam treasure hunt sale and am loving it. The game runs great at 6048x1080 with all of the settings more or less cranked (backed off the AA). The quicktime prompts seem to be showing up fine now (using a 360 controller) -- latest patch must have done the trick.

Does anyone know if there is a working HUD fix to center the HUD? I did some searching and couldn't find one.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2010, 07:41 

justcause2mods.com has lots of info on how to mod that stuff. it's fairly easy.

I'm using gibbed's tools right now. I don't see a reliable way to mod in infinite ammo. The only two infinite ammo mods I've found (other than of course bolopatch) were 1) specific to DLC guns and 2) one that lets you pick up as much ammo as you want but doesn't give guns 'infinite ammo'. And just a note, the DLC weapons files are a little different than the normal weapons files so I couldn't find a way to simply copy what the guy did to make the DLC guns have infinite ammo and apply it to normal guns. There's even a variable called 'unlimited ammo' for every gun, but changing it has no effect in game.

As a side note... changing your .exe to the old one (prepatch) will make bolopatch work again. However, it will mess up the changes from the patch (notably the fix for the prompts in eyefinity/surround). Of course, you can just go back to the /fovfactor fix, but I actually prefer a less zoomed out FOV after playing with the default FOV post-patch.

Another point of interest is that I've been looking for a file to mod to possibly change the HUD and center it while in tripe wide. If anyone else has any ideas let me know. So far I haven't really found anything of value in the archives.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2010, 12:53 
Editors
Editors

As a side note... changing your .exe to the old one (prepatch) will make bolopatch work again. However, it will mess up the changes from the patch (notably the fix for the prompts in eyefinity/surround). Of course, you can just go back to the /fovfactor fix, but I actually prefer a less zoomed out FOV after playing with the default FOV post-patch.

I found that this only worked on systems where I'd already run version 1.01. I tried it on a new install of JC2 and copied the old .exe over, and the game refused to start, while it was quite happy starting on the 1.02 .exe... :(

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2010, 18:54 
Insiders
Insiders

So did they fix the atrocious mouse controls?

I remember trying to play this a few months ago and being totally put off by the negative acceleration left in there for game pads.
For a "PC" game this is about the biggest sin you can do in my opinion is mess up the mouse controls.

I had to uninstall it in frustration.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2010, 20:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Still better than the first games' mouse controls. I still found them uncomfortable, so i played through it using my gamepad, which was very nice. Though, hard to get headshots.

Damn, I'll have to play again once my Ergotech stand arrives. (back-ordered - grrr) I only have a tiny desk right nwo and only one display will fit... playing on a singel display again sucks.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2010, 23:23 

So did they fix the atrocious mouse controls?

I remember trying to play this a few months ago and being totally put off by the negative acceleration left in there for game pads.
For a "PC" game this is about the biggest sin you can do in my opinion is mess up the mouse controls.

I had to uninstall it in frustration.

I find that the mouse is fine for gun play. The real issue with the mouse in my opinion is during base jumping and free fall. Unlike a joystick, the mouse doesn't return to the zero position when you let go, so if you want the guy to simply jump straight it's a real challenge to find the exact zero position. Any slight adjustments make him go crazy in either direction.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11