Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Aug 2024, 20:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 02:25 

My lockpicking was never tiny... strange.

I found that if you enter the console while computer terminals or the pip boy is up, the font becomes slightly clearer.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 08:14 

just so people know what we're talking about :wink:

EDIT: excuse the resolution, photobucket must scale down my pictures unless im a premium member or something

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 22:23 

Good Day

Signed just to let you guys know how I got FO3:NV working. I am using Eyefinity with 2 5870's in crossfire + NV GT 9600 for hybrid Physics on 3 Samsung BX2440 LED's in Portrait. My res is 3534x1920. Follow the steps as listed by CrashAegis, but change the following.

1) iSafeZoneXWide from 15 to 9
2) iSafeZoneYWide from 15 to 9
3) fDefaultFov from 75 to 180

With this I do not have a single problem running everything on ultra. No blur or issues. Don't use the launcher and if you want to reduce your AA and AF use CCC. Game now runs like a dream and everything is exactly in place. No overlapping menus or stuff cramped in the middle of the screen.

Cheers

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 09:25 
Administrators
Administrators

Yeah mine was the same the whole game through. Tried a few things to fix it and none worked so I left it and it never bothered me much during the game.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2010, 03:41 

I was checking out the newvegasnexus forums and found this for getting a picture back on the scoped view:

EARVH42: Edit your ini file and add the following to the display section:

fScopeScissorAmount 0

This will eliminate the masking the game engine automatically applies.

I'm not far in enough to try it out, but the responses on that forum have been positive.

It worked for me and I don't have the bits on the end showing like in your shot. For me they are blacked out. Working with rifle scopes and binoculars.
Did you add the " = " in? Like so: fScopeScissorAmount=0

And for whatever strange reason, my terimals are okay again. Don't know why they messed up that one time. I did nothing and they went from good to bad and then next time I played they were good again. Been fine ever since.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 17:04 

[snip]
FIRST: Start the launcher. Everytime I start the Fallout launcher it actually overwrites these two files with some sort of default file, even if Fallout.ini is set to Read Only. The FalloutPrefs.ini file seems to maintain all of the correct settings, but the Fallout.ini file appears to be the one actually setting values like iSafeX and bEnableEyefinity, and this file is being overwritten with the default values.

After the launcher is started, I complete all of the changes to the two files described in my previous post.

Once this is done, I COPY both files, and paste them somewhere that can be accessed easily.

Then I can play Fallout NV with no problems, gamble, pillage, ignore that stupid Caravan card game, what have you.

Now when I quit, I see that the FalloutPrefs.ini file has been overwritten again, no big deal. However, the next time I start the launcher it will once again overwrite BOTH files. The idea here is to start the launcher, then overwrite the copies of FalloutPrefs.ini and Fallout.ini with the ones you previously copied. Every time. Lame. Functional, but lame.

I'm starting to think this is a combination of awful Bethesda errors and Steam acting insane, anyone with any insight into this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for this post.. this FINALLY got things working properly for my STEAM version of FO3NV @ 5760x1080... my biggest hurdle was the terminals which I could never get out of... so annoying. whew. anyways.. happy friday!

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 18:43 

You don't have to do this. In the main fallout folder in Steam is the default fallout .ini file (forget it's exact name but default is part of it). You can change all the parameters within this file and it will overwrite the others when you start the launcher.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2011, 04:15 

Surfacing an old topic here but can someone point me to where I might be able to fix the gambling screens? For isntance, the slots screen is zoomed to where only the bottom of the moving wheel can be viewed. I cant see the symbols.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2011, 06:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Surfacing an old topic here but can someone point me to where I might be able to fix the gambling screens? For isntance, the slots screen is zoomed to where only the bottom of the moving wheel can be viewed. I cant see the symbols.

How your lockpicking and terminal screens look? I would assume that the gambling screens would use teh terminal zoom/fov values. I've never used any gambling in the game, so I have no personal experience.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2011, 03:14 

My lockpicking is a little blown up but still useable. The terminal is blurry of course but a good size.
Could the slots graphics be tied in to a lockpick setting?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next