Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 09:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 12:59 
Insiders
Insiders

After todays' patch, i can now start the game while running my OS at native Eyefinity resolution, and run the game at a non-native EF resolution, and all HUD elements are correct.

Lots of other small fixes, like the oh-so-coveted flashlight and IRNV changes. IRNV 'glow' range is now 45m.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 03:05 

Still having problems that I can't see any lock indicator, only hear the target locked sound. It also affects when someone or myself is laserpainting a target.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 17:22 

Got this game for half price on Black Friday, waited until I finished Skyrim to install.

I am impressed with the installation and performance, with crossfire/eyefinity. I haven't noticed any display bugs yet, and the games handling of multiple eyefinity resolutions is excellent. I can run 5760x1080, or drop to 4400x900(i think) for a boost of a few frames. Confirmed both GPUS at 90%+.

The game looks AMAZING at 1920x1080, but requires some serious hardware to run all the eye candy at 5760x1080. I can get the framerate stable at 40-60, but I have to turn off AA, AF, but can put post processing on low. Basically a combination of options from different tiers. I think the best options for me involve 4400x900. It looks decent and plays well enough, but it loses the omg factor.

I think at this point in time, the game deserves a GOLD rating for eyefinity.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 17:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Still having problems that I can't see any lock indicator, only hear the target locked sound. It also affects when someone or myself is laserpainting a target.

Is there a bug open for this we can comment on? It makes laser painting significantly harder to use (at least you can't rely on other people to laser paint for you...), it's pretty easy to do it audibly I guess.

But no 100% eyefinity support till they fix this issue.

That being said pretty happy with all these patches, they're actually fixing a bunch of issues now:

Dec 6 patch notes http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/12/06/battlefield-3-2gb-pc-patch-fixes-tactical-light-official-patch-notes/
Dec 6 hidden patch notes http://www.gamepur.com/news/6385-battlefield-3-pc-patch-dec-6-hidden-patch-notes.html

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 23:17 

I managed to fix it, by some odd way. I think I made all the displays extended, put 2 to middle and made it the prefered display, then I created the group.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 02:04 

I managed to fix it, by some odd way. I think I made all the displays extended, put 2 to middle and made it the prefered display, then I created the group.

Thank you! I Can confirm that this solution works.

I've spent a couple of hours fiddling with eyefinity groups and stuff, and it works every time the group is created from the 2nd monitor.
It doesn't have to be the primary or the center one, the important thing is that you select the drop down on the 2nd monitor under "Creating and arranging desktops" in CCC and from there select "Create group".
This should get you an eyefinity group with id 2, and then it just works.

Also I can recommend using the campaign to check if it works, the "Follow" HUD text can be seen if it's working ( when applicable ofc ).

There is a quirk with this though, if you use Win + P to switch to eyefinity there's no guarantee that you will get the same id on the group as when you first created it.
Tried using CCC presets but that didn't seem to help either.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 15:33 

Thank you also :)

Now we have found a way to solve this particular problem, your solution is way more convenient, and not an extra effort to create a eyefinity group really. Just remembering doing it from monitor 2 :)

I'll hope all people with this problem will find this thread. So I thought I should make some keywords for the search engine bots, to make it easier for people to find this thread for this particular problem. I just hope the moderators don't mind :)

targeting hud is missing , lock on indicator is missing , targeting hud is gone , lock on indicator is gone , no lock on indicator , laser targeting doesn't work , can't see what the soflam is locking on to , can't see my missile lock in jet , can't see my missile lock in helicopter , can't use my javelin to lock on laser painted targets , lasernerdrage! <- (That one was for fun :)) , my targeting indicator has disappeared , can't see what I'm targeting in bf 3 , can't see what I'm targeting in battlefield 3

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 19:12 

Hud away with Karkand Map Pack? has the hud been placed back over to left and right monitor again?

The Hud was fine playing other maps

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 19:26 
Insiders
Insiders

All Karkand stuff works as the other maps do for me.

Only remaining multi-monitor issue I see remaining is teh lack of a lockon indicators.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 20:13 

You guys have the HUd in your Main Middle Monitor?
I used to have that but since the patch last week it changed back to Right And Left

Do I need to do Anything?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next