Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 18:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 17:57 

Anyway to put bars and party on the middle monitor?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009, 07:11 

Another interesting bit.. If you play in 3x1 portrait mode (3240x1920 in my case), foliage and other objects do not disappear.. there is pop-in, but the normal kind you see as you get closer to objects.

Sadly, the monitors I got have a poor vertical viewing angle, so playing in portrait isn't a very pleasant experience for me.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 22:14 

Thought I'd bump this for an update.. AMD has posted a video of Dragon Age running in eyefinity on their youtube page as a promotion of the technology... complete with disappearing tree at 0:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UeHJEeuLc8

Hopefully it will get someone's attention and get this fixed so that the game can be enjoyed properly.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 22:34 

Neat video, makes me want to upgrade. The dissapearing tree thing happens sometimes at any res, does it not? I have seen things vanish when changing the angle swiftly and such.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 22:41 

Neat video, makes me want to upgrade. The dissapearing tree thing happens sometimes at any res, does it not? I have seen things vanish when changing the angle swiftly and such.

I never saw any trees disappear at 1920x1080.. and with this particular issue, they often don't come back.. even a slight angle change and the tree disappears and does not always re-appear even as you approach it.. I've had my character running into an invisible tree before in eyefinity mode.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2009, 00:09 

[quote]Neat video, makes me want to upgrade. The dissapearing tree thing happens sometimes at any res, does it not? I have seen things vanish when changing the angle swiftly and such.

I never saw any trees disappear at 1920x1080.. and with this particular issue, they often don't come back.. even a slight angle change and the tree disappears and does not always re-appear even as you approach it.. I've had my character running into an invisible tree before in eyefinity mode.

Ah, I see, that is different then.

I just meant on a single monitor the angle of the camera often makes some geometry dissapear, but not like you are talking about.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 18:25 

Hate to wake the dead, guys, but...

Still no fix from Bioware on the disappearing issue, so I'm looking into it myself. My question is, does this occur in all triplewide setups or only on Eyefinity 3x1? Tripleheaders please respond. My guess is it's an in-game camera issue, but if its ATI only we could request a driver-side fix.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 03:57 

I now have a theoretical fix for the problem; however, I don't have the skillset to bring it to realization. In general, the problem lies with Speedtree (the problem is only with trees and vegetation) receiving the wrong camera angle/position data for the FOV/camera that triplewide demands. If someone like the maker of Widescreen Fixer can do an intercept or something like that (I don't know enough about programming), they might be able to send the right data to Speedtree and get these trees rendered the way they should be.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2010, 17:28 
Insiders
Insiders

Well I have just installed this game, v1.04 running at 5760x1080 and the disappearing Tree and grass trick is still present. I have the latest CCC install 10.8 I believe. When I drop it down to 1920x1080 it runs fine. So this obviously hasn't been fixed. Anyone made any progress?

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2010, 22:06 
Editors
Editors

Yeah this is a game I am still waiting on a fix before I play it.

But if it took this long I think the answer is pretty much that they are not going to fix it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next