Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 22:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 21:23 

I'm sorry, this is a bit off topic, but can one of you with the game quickly confirm that this game doesn't have console port mouse issues like Ghostbusters/DeadSpace/MW2? I.E. Acceleration curve and/or a dead zone? I have this in my Steam cart and I'm about to check out but I'd like to make sure it's "fully" playable.

Thanks, looking forward to trying this out on my Eyefinity setup!

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 06:13 

It shouldnt be a problem since the game is heavily pegged as a designed for PC title. Dead space is a port otoh.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 09:52 

i have been playing the beta now for a while and i cant get my head around this freaking FOV issued, it doesent matter if i run it at a widescreen res or a normal res, the fov is most likely 60 all the time :( sux....

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 11:28 

I'm undecided on the playability factor as yet, but I can say that this is a great release for multi-monitor gamers imho. Great Eyefinity support out of the box, and I'm also seeing my avg fps going from 33 to 44 with CrossfireX enabled. I've posted some detailed fps figures in the BC2 thread in the Eyefinity sub forum, but I can say that the HBAO graphical setting kills the framerate on my system, so I'm leaving that off for now.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 16:57 

A few screenshots at 5040x1050, High Settings, 1x AA/16xAF, HBAO off. FPS 45~

Aspect Ratio seems wrong. And the interface is broken just like in CoD, have to hold mouse way off where button is.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 17:14 

Aspect Ratio seems wrong. And the interface is broken just like in CoD, have to hold mouse way off where button is.

That's weird, I'm not getting any interface issues.

From a gameplay point of view, I'm not sure I'm too keen so far. Very laggy (hopefully that's a host/beta thing), but also the damage is annoying. Often you need 3+ sniper shots to take someone out, and headshots are hard. I also find that you need to unload an entire assault rifle clip to kill someone at close range, which is dumb. The muzzle flash on the assault rifle is super annoying as well...it's not like we're shooting blanks after all.

Or, maybe I'm just rubbish :wink:.

Despite not approving of how Infinity Ward have treated PC gamers, I do much prefer the way MW2 plays, just generally from a physics and damage point of view. Of course, the hackers and noob tubers do rather spoil that one though.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 17:19 

It doesn't recognize my custom resolution, which may be the culprit. I tried editing ini file and manually putting in the rez.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 18:17 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]

That's weird, I'm not getting any interface issues.

From a gameplay point of view, I'm not sure I'm too keen so far. Very laggy (hopefully that's a host/beta thing), but also the damage is annoying. Often you need 3+ sniper shots to take someone out, and headshots are hard. I also find that you need to unload an entire assault rifle clip to kill someone at close range, which is dumb. The muzzle flash on the assault rifle is super annoying as well...it's not like we're shooting blanks after all.

Or, maybe I'm just rubbish :wink:.

Despite not approving of how Infinity Ward have treated PC gamers, I do much prefer the way MW2 plays, just generally from a physics and damage point of view. Of course, the hackers and noob tubers do rather spoil that one though.

The aspect-ratio seems fine to me.

The lag is part-beta/part-servers. Join now throws you on a random server regardless of ping. You may end up on a 200+ ping server. You can see the ping in the server browser by refreshing 2-3 times.

As for aiming and shots, this has always been the way BF is. If you compare headshots in any prior BF to BC2, you'll find it's roughly the same. Games like MW2 or CS:S use larger hit-boxes for the head so it's easier to get a headshot. BF has been more challenging as far as needing headshots. For the assault rifle damage, it only takes 3-4 well-placed shots to drop someone. If you're just going full-auto, I wouldn't expect many of those rounds to hit the enemy.

Compare this Battlefield to previous Battlefields, not to a separate game entirely. You'll find that this Battlefield behaves and feels much like the earlier games, but better in many ways.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 18:31 

A little update to my mini rant above. As luck would have it I just played on a Multiplay server, which tend to be among the fastest for me (I rent a Multiplay L4D2 server), and the game experience was MUCH improved. Put it this way...I went from being near the bottom in most games to top of my team as a crazy death machine :rockout. Bodes well...

Oh, and shooting the assault rifle in bursts helps enormously as well.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 18:35 
Insiders
Insiders

The aspect-ratio seems fine to me.

The lag is part-beta/part-servers. Join now throws you on a random server regardless of ping. You may end up on a 200+ ping server. You can see the ping in the server browser by refreshing 2-3 times.

As for aiming and shots, this has always been the way BF is. If you compare headshots in any prior BF to BC2, you'll find it's roughly the same. Games like MW2 or CS:S use larger hit-boxes for the head so it's easier to get a headshot. BF has been more challenging as far as needing headshots. For the assault rifle damage, it only takes 3-4 well-placed shots to drop someone. If you're just going full-auto, I wouldn't expect many of those rounds to hit the enemy.

Compare this Battlefield to previous Battlefields, not to a separate game entirely. You'll find that this Battlefield behaves and feels much like the earlier games, but better in many ways.

100% THIS, it is not MW2 thank the gods!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next