Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 23:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 03:38 

I am able to get the game running in eyefinity and have applied the ".ba2" fix and INI fixes, but still have the following problem with text/HUD/display.

Please see attachement.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Attachments:
fallout 4 problem 5760x1080 Eyefinity.png
fallout 4 problem 5760x1080 Eyefinity.png [ 3.99 MiB | Viewed 3558 times ]

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 10:23 
Insiders
Insiders

Laucien wrote:
So, I downloaded Haldi's latest mod and did all the .ini changes instructed. Everything looks great with the UI centered and all that (save for the dark green boxes) but then I get to the part where you set the SPECIAL stats and it looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/UHLuHy2.jpg

Am I missing something? Last night I downloaded an outdated version of Haldi's mod (one that was an unpacked bundle of swf files) and that part looked good but the new version looks like that.

yarberrymt wrote:
I am able to get the game running in eyefinity and have applied the ".ba2" fix and INI fixes, but still have the following problem with text/HUD/display.

Please see attachement.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Additional Instructions:
1) Download the zip file provided by Haldi in his post - http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 12#p162512 - "Fallout4 - Interface2.zip"
2) Rename interface.ba2 to interface.old and then place Haldi's ba2 file into its place (renaming to interface.ba2)
3) Edit the Fallout4.ini file with:
[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=250.0
//was 15.0 - MM fix is 250.0
fSafeZoneXWide=1300.0
//was 64.0 - MM Fix is 1300.0
4) Save
5) Edit the Fallout4prefs.ini with:
[Display]
iSize W=5760 (or whatever your desktop width is)
6) Save
7) Run the game

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 10:33 

Kayden - Does that also help with the off center cross hairs issue?
(see post on p37)

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 11:57 

Kayden wrote:
Laucien wrote:
So, I downloaded Haldi's latest mod and did all the .ini changes instructed. Everything looks great with the UI centered and all that (save for the dark green boxes) but then I get to the part where you set the SPECIAL stats and it looks like this:

Am I missing something? Last night I downloaded an outdated version of Haldi's mod (one that was an unpacked bundle of swf files) and that part looked good but the new version looks like that.

yarberrymt wrote:

Please see attachement.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Additional Instructions:
1) Download the zip file provided by Haldi in his post - http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 12#p162512 - "Fallout4 - Interface2.zip"
2) Rename interface.ba2 to interface.old and then place Haldi's ba2 file into its place (renaming to interface.ba2)
[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=250.0
fSafeZoneXWide=1300.0
4) Save
[Display]
6) Save
7) Run the game

That doesn't seem to help.
I get exactly the same as yarberrymt does.
I cannot see all the attributes as seen in his picture. I did it just like you wrote.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 12:53 

Kayden wrote:
Laucien wrote:

yarberrymt wrote:

Please see attachement.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Additional Instructions:
[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=250.0
fSafeZoneXWide=1300.0
4) Save
[Display]
6) Save
7) Run the game

This is really weird. For me, the fixes provided by Haldi work just fine.
However, last night I was tinkering around with a friend of mine who recently bought the game, he has exactly the same issue with the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats not fully showing.
We are running identical setups, we even exchanged our ini- files and compared them in Notepad++.

Only major difference between our rigs is that he is using 2 GTX 970 in SLI Mode while I have a single 980TI, plus he has three 16:10 monitors while I have 3 16:9.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 13:28 
I Donated
I Donated

nyldan wrote:

However, last night I was tinkering around with a friend of mine who recently bought the game, he has exactly the same issue with the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats not fully showing.
We are running identical setups, we even exchanged our ini- files and compared them in Notepad++.

Only major difference between our rigs is that he is using 2 GTX 970 in SLI Mode while I have a single 980TI, plus he has three 16:10 monitors while I have 3 16:9.

I was fiddeling with the updated Config Editor yesterday and when i edited some safezone settings I noticed it changed BOTH the "fSafeZoneXWide" and "fSafeZoneYWide16x10" settings in the .ini file to "1300". So I'm figuring if you have 16:10 Aspect Ratio the "fSafeZoneYWide16x10" is used.

I cant test this with 16:10 since i have 16:9 and its working fine for me. But maybe you could try change the ini to this if its 16:10 monitors?;

fSafeZoneX=250
fSafeZoneY=36
fSafeZoneXWide=1300
fSafeZoneYWide=36
fSafeZoneXWide16x10=1300
fSafeZoneYWide16x10=36

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

Last edited by anteronoid on 22 Nov 2015, 14:21, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 13:28 
Insiders
Insiders

Longpig7 wrote:
Kayden - Does that also help with the off center cross hairs issue?
(see post on p37)

I am unsure of that since I've never seen that issue but here are a few pics to show what I see in game with haldi's fix and the changes I mentioned:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =560311545

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =560311640

The ini changes fixed for me was the text at the main menu and in the game so it doesn't look as stretched. The only issue I had with cross hairs got fixed in Ver 2 of the fix. It was reaching the bezel of my monitor and it shouldn't have been doing that. This may work for you so it wouldn't hurt to try.

Thoemse wrote:
That doesn't seem to help.
I get exactly the same as yarberrymt does.
I cannot see all the attributes as seen in his picture. I did it just like you wrote.

Than it must be a value that isn't covered in Haldi's fix. I know when I did apply Haldi's fix and those values though, I could use containers because they came up the same way as the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. does in char creation. At the time I made my char there was no fix so I just went single monitor.

Just to verify the problem I tried it on my end and I got the same problem you guys did. This is something Haldi will need to fix I'm sure. In the mean time use single monitor up until that point and just play after with multi-monitor. Sorry I didn't verify it before.

nyldan wrote:

Well the video cards don't matter much because there is no SLI profile unless you force it in NVIDIA Inspector. As for why it works fine for you and not your friend, there is only one thing I can think of that might be different and that is resolution.

I say this because a friend of mine is having issues with his 4800x900 and he has major problems with lighting disappearing on him and a ton of shadow issues. Haldi do you think you can look into if your fix needs some tweaking, might need an individual file for each resolution or aspect ratio?? Thanks in advance!

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 14:09 

anteronoid wrote:
nyldan wrote:

I was fiddeling with the updated Config Editor yesterday and when i edited some safezoon settings I noticed it changed BOTH the "fSafeZoneXWide" and "fSafeZoneYWide16x10" settings in the .ini file to "1300". So I'm figuring if you have 16:10 Aspect Ratio the "fSafeZoneYWide16x10" is used.

I cant test this with 16:10 since i have 16:9 and its working fine for me. But maybe you could try change the ini to this if its 16:10 monitors?;

fSafeZoneX=250
fSafeZoneY=36
fSafeZoneXWide=1300
fSafeZoneYWide=36
fSafeZoneXWide16x10=1300
fSafeZoneYWide16x10=36

Thx Anteronoid, but we already tried this, no success unfortunately.
What puzzles me is that the other IF- elements (Pipboy, healthbar etc.) are working for my friend, so it seems the SPECIAL- attributes are the only thing out of place.

Since I don't have 16:10 screens I can't do any testing myself, I'll have to wait for my pal until he slept off last nights beers 8-)

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 17:46 

Laucien wrote:

My advice is to start and play the game up to the point where you set your attributes for the first time in single screen resolution, as that is the only "game-breaker" for me in triplewide. Once you set your attributes, apply the fixes, and the the rest of the game is quite enjoyable in triplewide. Just completed the race track mission, that was fun as hell, especially once the racers were unleashed. And watch out for glowing ones!

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 19:57 

nyldan wrote:

While I doubt the GPUs are really the issue I have to say I have the exactly same setup (and problem) as your friend. 2 GTX970 in SLI.

It's weird because with one of Haldi's previous fixes that screen worked perfectly but using the latest one it shows like in the picture.

Anyway though I was concerned that other screens/menus would look like that but if you guys say that the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. screen is the only one that potentially has that problem I can go single-monitor till I finish character creation and then do all the edits.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 77  Next