Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 09:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 00:36 

Never actually noticed the UI problems until i played online.

EVerything works fine bar the UI parts for allies, sometimes there on and working but 90% of the time there not.
And the glare seems to scale +hor.

Eg.
www.unknownsock/bf3_glare.jpg

Works perfectly on a single screen. Anyone else got this?

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 03:23 

...you must not have read the last 4 pages... :/

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 03:25 

Just thought I'd chime in to add to the fire...

In the beta, my HUD was all kinds of messed up; no map, no anything... Now in the retail release, my HUD is perfect, but the icons indicating team and vehicles and stuff are all stretched whenever they do appear (and not on top of the people/vehics) or they are missing entirely (80%+ of the time).

If I had to choose, I'd lose the HUD (felt kinda hardcore not knowing how many round, health, etc.) and keep the team indicators... Far too often I'm shooting teammates and not shooting the enemy to make sure they are the enemy first. Sometimes I just constantly watch the map to see if a friendly is over by where I saw some guy walking/sneaking. This is just torture.

I'm not willing to turn off eyefinity or crossfire or anything else though. I paid far too much not to enjoy this to the fullest. If i have to learn the player models good enough to not need indicators, so be it!

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 06:13 

Just thought I'd chime in to add to the fire...

In the beta, my HUD was all kinds of messed up; no map, no anything... Now in the retail release, my HUD is perfect, but the icons indicating team and vehicles and stuff are all stretched whenever they do appear (and not on top of the people/vehics) or they are missing entirely (80%+ of the time).

If I had to choose, I'd lose the HUD (felt kinda hardcore not knowing how many round, health, etc.) and keep the team indicators... Far too often I'm shooting teammates and not shooting the enemy to make sure they are the enemy first. Sometimes I just constantly watch the map to see if a friendly is over by where I saw some guy walking/sneaking. This is just torture.

I'm not willing to turn off eyefinity or crossfire or anything else though. I paid far too much not to enjoy this to the fullest. If i have to learn the player models good enough to not need indicators, so be it!

That is the problem you see. The problem exist during BETA phase and DICE is claiming they have NEVER seen this problem before.

Really do they even have a QA department?

Post subject: Well I tried full screen
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 06:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Well I tried full screen again, with the latest catalyst profiles (11.9 cap 4) and it doesn't fix any hud icons issues.

What actually happens is that on eyefinity resolutions the hud icons will sort of sometimes work (although stretched) and mostly they won't work. Seems to be largely random and pressing the map m/n keys seems to break it if it was working before.

So 4800x900 it is for me till they fix it. If it wasn't for the terrible full screen glare the game would be quite playable.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 11:56 

Hello, please excuse my bad english,

I have the same problem with the HUD, etc.

I play at 7680x1440 medium settings if I want to play but only with a TFT 2560x1440, I have no HUD, if enabled surround gaming: (

Here's an example:

After I returned as a full image-adjusting, and take hit, then does such a picture, both in single player and multiplayer

Any ideas how I can play in 2560x1440 with enabled surround gaming?

I am very very grateful for any tip

And once again my bad english please temporalize me ^ ^

thx

Post subject: grizzly: i have same
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 14:58 

grizzly:

i have same problem.

only thing you can do, is either to switch off eyfinity/surround on desktop. than you can play also in fullscreen on single monitor.

Or, if you want keep surround/eyefinity switched on, you have to play BF3 in window mode. Than the hud will appear again.

Post subject: HUD issues
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 15:50 

Hi!

I had no issues with the HUD (DIsappearing Player-Tags or having them on the left display) until I updated to "Cat 11.10 Preview3" today. So just switching back to my "winning team" official "Cat 11.9 with CAP 4" on my 5970. Of course then the Mini-Map and Chas are back on the edge of the screen but this is minor compared with constant teamkilling.

Edit1: Great, issue still present after uninstallation of 11.10 Preview and installing 11.9 again....

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 19:21 

grizzly:

i have same problem.

only thing you can do, is either to switch off eyfinity/surround on desktop. than you can play also in fullscreen on single monitor.

Or, if you want keep surround/eyefinity switched on, you have to play BF3 in window mode. Than the hud will appear again.

Problem in window mode is that it is using 1 of my GPU only.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 00:03 
I Donated
I Donated

The only problem that I have had is my HUD is not centered. The HUD is not on the extreme outside either. The radar is near the center of my left display and my ammo count is the same but on the right..

Zowie EC1-A | Logitech G15 | Razer Nostromo | Windows 10 Pro x64

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next