Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 18:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 04:52 

ok, simply question...

2 x 5870's, CF enabled, display logo enabled, EF 5760x1080 - Should I see the CrossfireX logo in this game?

Currently, I am seemingly back to pre 9.12HF where my second GPU is showing activity, but game play is choppy and I get better FPS with CF disabled, similar to the early NFS:Shift problems.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 03:03 

Canceled my pre-order with Steam.
One of my CoD buddies canceled his preorder as well, the game is just not to our liking.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 11:55 

Because everyone loves pictures...

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 02:11 

Is it officially supported? They used to be Vert- back when I played, though this was a while ago.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2010, 02:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Is this game more like MW2 with vehicles, or is it really Battlefield (32vs32, helis, airplanes, etc)?

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2010, 11:37 

Is this game more like MW2 with vehicles, or is it really Battlefield (32vs32, helis, airplanes, etc)?

It's kind of somewhere in between the two I would say. Not as arcadey as MW2, but a bit more forgiving than earlier BFs...eg, you can fall more than 3 feet without dying, and you also don't die by just brushing past a vehicle doing 5 miles an hour! No planes in this one, the helis are a bit easier to pilot. No prone of course, which doesn't overly bother me as all the dolphin divers got a bit tiresome. But...I do believe there will be a BF3 sometime in the next 12 months so I don't think BC2 is designed to replace the traditional BF series on the PC.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 02:05 

OOH exciting!

Hopefully they unlock the FOV or make it a server setting or something... Anyway, has ANYONE actually played this at 5040x1050 using a TH2GO and nVIDIA card? Pics so far seem to be using Eyefinity. I only ask because as far as I understand (and in my experience) nobody has gotten a DirectX 10 game to work in 5040 on a TH2GO using an nVIDIA card...
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=16984

I guess I would still buy/play it if u can force DirectX 9 mode like in Bioshock but I would be very very excited if the game worked FULLY in 5040. I think this could be the first (edit: newish) FPS to offer a complete triple wide solution (AR, res, HUD and FOV)!!!

Fingers crossed..

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 03:38 

Canceled my pre-order with Steam.
One of my CoD buddies canceled his preorder as well, the game is just not to our liking.

Meh, honestly the fewer people convert from CoD the better for my tastes. We don't need an entire team of lone wolf "l33t sn1perz" running around the map. (not that you or everyone that plays CoD is, but the main reason I can't stand that game is the people who play like that) BFBC2 is actually too close to CoD for my taste. It is growing on me however; I almost canceled my pre-order last week after being disappointed with the frantic pacing and the tendency for the half the team to pick the recon class, but after giving it another week I've come around. After learning the map the pacing doesn't seem so frantic, and I think most of the people that would pick sniper without being interested in how to play a supporting recon class (i.e. teamplay and working towards team objectives) left to go back to CoD. :twisted:

My only issue is with the framerate; I have to play with almost everything on low to be comfortable with the framerate, but then again at eyefinity resolutions I shouldn't be surprised...

Oh that and I don't care for the way the unlock structure rewards clearly superior players with clearly superior weapons. BF2 did a nice job of making unlocks varied and potentially more powerful if used correctly, but this one has outright better equip for unlocks. They should give you a couple intro unlock "perks" or something as well; I almost feel bad when I kill a low rank player knowing that they're stuck with the crap equipment in the game. That said, I know this unlock thing isn't really to increase enjoyment of the game, but add a sort of "MMO feel" that keeps people playing for reasons other than straightforward fun. It's unfortunate that a carrot/stick routine works to keep people playing a game, but I must admit it works on even me sometimes, despite my disdain for it.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 04:07 

Meh, honestly the fewer people convert from CoD the better for my tastes.

Ditto, CoD community is just bad. Cant play for 30 mins without sum ******* talking about "killing in real life" or 3DHY 69JJJ JGG5 platoon or whatever *** unit they're in or how many tours they had done or just how hard they are in general. Barrages of abuse for even a single tk in HC. Hackusations every time I'm top of the server. Tubers and people who whinge about tubers equally. All abuse and no camaraderie. Everything bad about the FPS community in general (hackers, campers, no teamwork, etc,.) multiply by 10 and u have CoD, honestly I want a refund on MW2 but I know it doesn't work that way.

It really is a shame cos the game itself is really smooth, lots of interesting mechanics and highly detailed. Anyhow, objective based FPS makes me happy in the pants so I'm looking forward to this one. Its a shame about the upgrades tho, sounds grindy.

Post edited for homophobic language and warning issued.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 16:34 

I can't snipe, but I like playing recon with a Thompson :) but that damn killcam makes it tough to sneak around for too long.

Also, yo, someone repair my damn tank :/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next