Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 05:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 00:12 

That's one helluva mod!! Congrats!

About the stand, I was looking into this one as well but I got away from stands alltogether since the screens will generally reach to far towards me from the rear edge of the desk.
I attached the screens using hot glue which worked extremely well (@20 deg. angles). The center screen's display is now only 3" from the rear desk edge. With any stand I have checked so far it would be at least 6 to 7". I will probabely have a custom stand made in the future which I want to have attached firmly to the desktop.

Danny

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2007, 15:37 
Founder
Founder

Any chance of getting some more details on the mounting? Or, at least some detailed pics of the acrylic and how you mounted everything to it? I'd really like to do something like this myself.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2007, 22:34 

Here it is for $174.24, even then, still too rich for my blood.

FRACK!

Ok, so now it is $182, I was watching this one and the DS100 Triple-Monitor Desk Stand (Black) which is here:
http://www.provantage.com/ergotron-33-095-200~7ERGT018.htm

This DS-100 I was going to get, (because at that time the LX appeared to be the newer unit and more expensive). I could live with independant tilting of the screens, but craved the LX ...

Now that it is not, I had to have it and ordered one.

Now I'm out for the TH2G digital (Ordered thru provantage on Saturday) and the LX stand that I wanted just to replace the three Dell stands I have that don't height adjust .... :shock:

What an outlay eh? At least my wife is not mad at me. :D

So anyhow, since those are comin in, anyone who wants a pristine TH2G analog for a good discount, PM me and we can get you goin ... I can live with one screen until the digital one arrives ....

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 04:10 

I am sort of trying to dissect my dads dead monitor to see what is wrong on the inside... any helpful hints on how to get the back off and look for problems.. I think it is the backlight unfortunately...

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2007, 05:34 

I am sort of trying to dissect my dads dead monitor to see what is wrong on the inside... any helpful hints on how to get the back off and look for problems.. I think it is the backlight unfortunately...

Please tell me this is truely a LCD and not an older CRT monitor. I would NOT suggest opening up a CRT under any conditions. A CRT can do some serious damage to you even after it has been unplugged for quite some time.

DO NOT OPEN A CRT MONITOR!

O.K. rant mode off - I would suggest listing the manufacture and model. You will probably need to find a small circuit board called an inverter. These kick up the voltage to make the cold cathode produce light behind the screen. These are usually what can go out on a LCD.

ASUS Maximus XII Gene MB | i7 4790k CPU with Corsair Hydro Series H80i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB | (2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Founders Edition in HB SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | Corsair Digital AX760i PSU | (3) Asus PG279Q (1) Asus PG278Q mounted on WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 with Thru Desk Mount (3+1 Landscape Surround) | HTC Vive | Grace Design m9XX Headphone Amp/DAC | AudioEngine A5+ Bamboo | Ultimate Ears CIEM UE-5 Pro | ErgoDox Infinity Keyboard (Cherry Red) with Custom Keycaps | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse | Win10 Enterprise x64

Current Setup

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2007, 13:13 

b0n3z,

I think its great that you warned packerfan away from opening a CRT, but you need to explain why as well.

CRT's contain capacitors for the picture tube that hold a charge long after the monitor has been turned of and disconnected. These charges are small but with high voltages int eh 500-600 volt range, some even higher.

If you open a CRT and you do not know what you are doing, (and do not have something to discharge the caps) you will indeed get the suprise of your life.

As for packerfan, it is safe to assume that he is discussing a LCD, as he mentions that he believes it is a backlight issue.
CRT's do not contain backlights.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2007, 23:34 

*Pokes around in the guts of his Viewsonic, with wet fingers*

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

*Balls fall off*

:(

Hehehe, joking. Truly nice mod you have made there mate, I am truly envious!

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2007, 01:50 

I actually have both these stands at present - I have an amazing job and get to test these things.

After playing around for a few hours I am not using the LX Triple Display Lift Stand - the monitors appeared off level and I could not get them level, it was weird

I now have the DS100 Triple-Monitor Desk Stand on my racing cockpit a love it.

The challenges I had with the LX may be due to the fact I have 3 different 19in LCDs from NEC (different models).

Once I figure out what LCDs to buy I will try the LX again

If you want some side by side pics just ask away

Brad

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2007, 06:42 

Braddo,

Please do post pictures of your stands! Would love to see them side by side for us looking to purchase.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2007, 08:41 

Hello,

I have Ergotron DS100 Triple-Monitor Desk Stand. :)

http://www.ergotron.com/Portals/0/images/products/ds/33-095-200.jpg
http://www.matroxrulez.net/pics/desktop.jpg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next