Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 19:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 20:54 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah I prefer hard core mode just for the lack of kill cam. Although it is good for finding sniper losers!

As to drilling, you can do stupid whorage with a couple of engies. On the 360 (there fore nobody had unlocked the mortar, capped at level 2) on defence last night. We drove the APC up the road between base 1 (lost) and 2. And just sat there. 2 of us on engy behind the APC, 2 in the APC. IIR I got 13 7+ repairs awards, the guys in the APC racked up over 30 of various awards each. Wouldn't work in the real game, mortar would quickly sort that out but it was fun for a round. Must have been bloody frustrating to the other side though! :twisted:

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 09:55 

Yeah I prefer hard core mode just for the lack of kill cam. Although it is good for finding sniper losers!

As to drilling, you can do stupid whorage with a couple of engies. On the 360 (there fore nobody had unlocked the mortar, capped at level 2) on defence last night. We drove the APC up the road between base 1 (lost) and 2. And just sat there. 2 of us on engy behind the APC, 2 in the APC. IIR I got 13 7+ repairs awards, the guys in the APC racked up over 30 of various awards each. Wouldn't work in the real game, mortar would quickly sort that out but it was fun for a round. Must have been bloody frustrating to the other side though! :twisted:

Always new you were an Xploiter.

Guess it stems from exploiting sheep.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 11:26 
Insiders
Insiders

Always new you were an Xploiter.

Guess it stems from exploiting sheep.

They love it, really, it is not exploitation ;)

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 23:18 

Could any of you guys do me a favour & try forcing your game client to use DX9? I'm getting a lot of flickering as soon as I start the game (including the steam overlay) if I set it to force DX9 & wondering if it's just me.

Destructions...
Go to your User Folder (Default for Vista or W7) C:UsersYOURUSERNAMEDocumentsBFBC2Beta

Find the settings.ini file and open in with Notepad or Wordpad.
Inside the file, near the bottom, find the line that reads: dxversion=auto. Change it so it reads dxversion=9

Cheers!

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 23:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Nope I forced DX9 for performance and have no flickering, lag and CTD yes, but flickering no.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 08:40 

i FORED dx9 but no change.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 10:10 

Ok thanks guys. I think I'll leave the DX version at auto as I have no idea what's going on there and don't fancy messing about with drivers on my more or less stable system!

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 11:10 

Here's a tip I just tried & gained a noticable increase in fps. I have an X-Fi card so set mine to 3.

GameSettings.ini :
SoundSystemSize= 1 software(default) / 2 hardware / 3 XFI

Update...holy cow, this setting makes a BIG difference. I'm getting at least +5 fps from this.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 18:25 

Here's a tip I just tried & gained a noticable increase in fps. I have an X-Fi card so set mine to 3.

GameSettings.ini :

Update...holy cow, this setting makes a BIG difference. I'm getting at least +5 fps from this.

Please note that this information floating around the internet is not correct. These settings refer to the sound envelope used by the game. (War Tapes, Hi-Fi, Headphones, etc.)

Different sound profiles tax your cpu more or less depending on the effects, etc. applied to them. Also note that there is a bug in the GUI that when you open the settings it will reset this to "1". (Hi-Fi)

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 18:31 

[quote]Here's a tip I just tried & gained a noticable increase in fps. I have an X-Fi card so set mine to 3.

GameSettings.ini :

Please note that this information floating around the internet is not correct. These settings refer to the sound envelope used by the game. (War Tapes, Hi-Fi, Headphones, etc.)

Different sound profiles tax your cpu more or less depending on the effects, etc. applied to them. Also note that there is a bug in the GUI that when you open the settings it will reset this to "1". (Hi-Fi)

That's bizarre, as my fps definitely appear to be better since changing this switch. I'll do some more testing & with different settings & see what happens. I did just tested the GUI bug you mentioned but it didn't reset it for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next