Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 19:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 00:22 

[quote]
Please note that this information floating around the internet is not correct. These settings refer to the sound envelope used by the game. (War Tapes, Hi-Fi, Headphones, etc.)

Different sound profiles tax your cpu more or less depending on the effects, etc. applied to them. Also note that there is a bug in the GUI that when you open the settings it will reset this to "1". (Hi-Fi)

That's bizarre, as my fps definitely appear to be better since changing this switch. I'll do some more testing & with different settings & see what happens. I did just tested the GUI bug you mentioned but it didn't reset it for me.

Here are some links about the sound engine in BFBC2:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/01/22/an-audiophile-s-guide-to-bf-bc2-full.aspx##
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/12370854-post155.html

The different settings will have different taxing effects on your CPU. If you're cpu bound this will be especially noticeable. The command line option +fullproc *might* have a positive effect on the overall utilization if you have a quad core CPU, as it is implied that by default the game is limited to two cores.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 03:18 

Thanks for the warning eZ...
I wouldn't call what I said homophobic and I'm not homophobic but I guess I'll avoid saying anything 'rude' if admins are this sensitive. I'm sorry if I actually offended anyone.

RANT OFF

I got the beta and can confirm 5040x1050 mode is working with TH2GO and nVIDIA. FYI, I'm getting VERY low framerates. Sometimes hits 60fps but usually varying between 33 and 50. I have all settings on "low", no AA and no AF. First game to punish my 2xGTX285@720MHz & i7@4GHJz worse than Crysis! I find the FOV playable but as mentioned IF they need to lock it for 'balance' I would suggest more like 70º - 80º since this looks good even on a single WS monitor.

I would say the terrain is more of a balance issue. If you get bogged down attacking the 1st obj ALL of the terrain ends up being demolished! I'm talking each and every tree! If this happens there is literally no way to get to the obj without being sniped or taken out by a mounted weapon (of course there will be an overabundance of snipers by this stage :/). Anyway, so far I've been in 3 or 4 games where the whole game has been spent on the 1st obj in this way. In one case it was 16 players on defense with around 10 of them on lvl 11. Meanwhile the attacking team dwindled down to 4 ppl, all < lvl 4 and still nobody from defense changed over despite ppl complaining on chat, they just kept camping/sniping us down till the time expired... Hope this doesn't represent what the community will be like after the release.

Still like this game and rekon it looks promising especially if they play with it more b4 release (unlikely IMHO). For me ET:QW > BFBC2 for large obj based FPS with veh...

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 12:49 

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/01/22/an-audiophile-s-guide-to-bf-bc2-full.aspx##

The different settings will have different taxing effects on your CPU. If you're cpu bound this will be especially noticeable. The command line option +fullproc *might* have a positive effect on the overall utilization if you have a quad core CPU, as it is implied that by default the game is limited to two cores.

Thanks for the links, interesting. I've tested out the +fullproc and it didn't do anything for me, all four cores are well utilised with or without +fullproc set. You can see where the gameplay starts on the right side of both graphs...

Without...

with +fullproc...

I'm going to have a play around with the audio settings later today if I get a chance.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 19:39 

[quote]

Thanks for the links, interesting. I've tested out the +fullproc and it didn't do anything for me, all four cores are well utilised with or without +fullproc set. You can see where the gameplay starts on the right side of both graphs...

I'm going to have a play around with the audio settings later today if I get a chance.

Well done! Thank you for running those tests. I'll remove the argument from my batch file.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2010, 06:37 

Bumping up this thread to see what people have been setting their FOV setting to in settings.ini

I've got mine at 63 (running 5760*1080). Is there a "correct" setting, or is it pure personal preference?

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2010, 11:07 

running at an fov of 85 at 1680 x 1050 and it looks good but the fov resets to the universal console fov of 55 after every cut scene. setting the file to "read only" does nothing and the 300 mb patch was useless in taking the consoleness out of this PORT.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2010, 16:53 

How are you guys changing the FOV?

I added Fov=65 to my settings.ini and its doing nothing...

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2010, 17:11 

Works here.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 10:50 

Yep, me too.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2010, 04:14 

It sucks that Dx10/11 takes forever to load on 5x00 cards.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next