Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 07:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TH2G and Dual Monitors
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007, 23:46 

I have the TH2G with the extender program and the SGU. It looks like the SGU does not support COD2. My problem is that with two monitors attached to the TH2G, I have to either live with "no right eye" (my sight is in the middle of the right screen and I have peripheral vision to the left) or my sight is right in the center of the two screens , making the bezel incredible annoying and the game almost unplayable. I have played with every resolution setting and the aspect ratio tool that is floating around on this forum. No dice.

FYI, I have dual Samsung 225BW's with native 1680x1050 each. That works well with the extended support for dual monitors at 3360x1050.

Does anyone have a solution? I would like to have the sight just left or right of center ideally. Seems like first person shooters might not play well with TH2G and dual monitors... unless you can move the sight off the bezel.

And no, I am not buying a 3rd screen - not the solution I was looking for.

I absolutely love this setup for Flight Simulator X because it creates a realistic feeling to being in the real Cessna 172 - you have much better perceived peripheral vision on the left in real life.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2007, 23:56 
Editors
Editors

Welcome to the WSGF ... 8)

It looks like the SGU does not support COD2.
... but you can get it to work it TH ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/6685

Sorry I have no idea how you would get your cross-hair off centre ... :(

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2007, 00:55 

Seems like first person shooters might not play well with TH2G and dual monitors...
First Person Shooters aren't going to play well with dual monitors regardless of a TripleHead2Go.

And no, I am not buying a 3rd screen - not the solution I was looking for.
Well, may I ask why on earth you use a TripleHed2Go, then? You could easily game on two monitors using a single card and no intervening hardware. The whole point of the TripleHead2Go is to use those 3 screens in order to avoid that nasty break across two bezels.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2007, 17:24 

Well, may I ask why on earth you use a TripleHed2Go, then? You could easily game on two monitors using a single card and no intervening hardware. The whole point of the TripleHead2Go is to use those 3 screens in order to avoid that nasty break across two bezels.

A) Does you have a notebook support dual external monitors?

B) The DualHead2Go does not have resolution support for dual 1680x1050 monitors in native resolution - only the TH2G with extender.

C) I don't think that is the "whole" point. Some people purchase the TH2G with no intention of ever playing a video game. When I bought the thing it was primarily for wide Excel spreadsheets and for easier cutting and pasting between applications. My distant second thought was for strategy games like Rise of Nations. The COD2 thing came up only when I dusted off the old CDs I found on my shelf.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007, 22:41 

Fair enough, I didn't consider the laptop side of things. On a desktop, if you want three screens for 2D work, you just pop in a cheap second graphics card.

Anyway, I don't really think there is a solution to your problem. As I said, first person shooters will not play well with a dual-head setup, regardless of whether or not you have a DualHead2Go, TripleHead2Go, whatever. It comes with the genre...