Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 05:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Project torque
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008, 01:27 

hi!

I wonder if forum user are playing project torque (Arcade racing RPG) and if they have an idea to play in surround gaming.:)

http://project-torque.aeriagames.com/

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2008, 21:27 

I have been playing project torque for a month or two now, but single screen only. I gave up on the TH2G a while ago, switched to SoftTH. I can confirm that there's no way to get SoftTH to work with it, because of the draconian cheat blocking software it uses (GameGuard). It simply will not allow a different d3d.dll to be used.

It will probably work on a TH2G, the resolution support is quite good for widescreens.

Its a free game, just download it and try it out.

For anyone looking for a good racing game, I recommend it. Its got strong driving physics (just below GTR, rFactor etc) but more arcade style tweaking and damage stuff. Not NFS by any stretch, it takes actual skill to drive, but you dont need to tweak degrees of camber, caster, etc to have fun. You only race against real people too, so there's no AI that slows down for you.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2008, 19:45 

Aeria just sent out an email flyer today promoting Project Torque again. I responded to their promo and suggested they to check out this forum to see the audience/potential customers that they are missing out on, and that I, for one, will not play a racing (or flying) sim that does not support TH2Go.

8)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2008, 20:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Is this similar to Project Powder?

It's another racing MMO (snowboarding) that has Draconian cheat protection and wont allow you to change the resolution.