Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 15:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Strobing outer screens
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2010, 23:32 

I have a problem that I need help with,
Since installing Win7 (although I dont believe that is the problem) I get screen flicker in my two outside screens in rFactor when I am sitting in the pits.
When I drive all is ok, when I return to the pits or open replay normally the outside screens are blank As is the case when I enter the game, however once I drive the last image before escaping to the monitor/pits screen is held and flickers like a strobe in the outside screens, luckily i'm not epoleptic.....(or able to spell)

Previously I was using the 179 nVid drivers and an older version of the matrox powerdesk utility and Vista. When taking a screen shot I would get residual images in a similar fashion on the outer screens, but they would not flicker. The effect was like a collage of images laid over the top of each other, similar to how images of mipmaps are shown (progressive decrease of the same image) for each photo shown. This did not bother me so much as there was no flicker, but now its driving me nuts and i'm sure it cant be good for the eyes.

I am now using the 182 nVid drivers and the latest powerdesk utility from Matrox
System is an I7 940, 6gig ram, 2 x 280GTX in sli raptor HDD, with Th2go Digi, 3 x Asus VU222 at 4300 x 900 res

Any ideas on how to stop the flickering would be appriciated

Below is a screen shot, just imagine 2 x strobes less than a meter from your face.....

thanks
Mike

Edit- Alt-tab to desk top and back will stop it, till the next time I drive again, then its back when I escape to the pits.