Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 00:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 07:10 
Insiders
Insiders

Finally got around to playing Bioshock 2.

Problem however. Using either the 258.69 betas or .96 WHQL's and setting the drivers to Surround Gaming, I got terrible flashing triangles in-game. Pretty unplayable. This even happens if I set the resolution so only one monitor is being used.

However, if I switch to "standard" SLI, I get no artifacts playing on the single monitor. Same is true when neither SLI nor Surround Gaming is active.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

I'm running a pair of 280GTX's in SLI on W7 64 bit Ultimate.

Thanks!

Wazoo

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 02:26 

Hi Wazoo,
I got your message. Yes Im using 3 480GTX's and 3 30" dell monitors, and yes I get the odd flashing of textures when I first go into the game, but when I change the FOV the flashing textures go away. Its not your rig, its the software.

The FOV fix I use really sucks though, because it doesn't change the perspective of the drill arm, so it looks really bad. Your going to need the program FOV fix to get it looking right. Like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvfLXbFPIoM

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 07:06 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi Wazoo,
I got your message. Yes Im using 3 480GTX's and 3 30" dell monitors, and yes I get the odd flashing of textures when I first go into the game, but when I change the FOV the flashing textures go away. Its not your rig, its the software.

The FOV fix I use really sucks though, because it doesn't change the perspective of the drill arm, so it looks really bad. Your going to need the program FOV fix to get it looking right. Like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvfLXbFPIoM

Hey Snipe,

Thanks for answering. Glad to know it isnt my rig as I'd still be re-installing drivers! :D

I'm going to report the bug to Nvidia and hopefully it will get fixed in the next driver version.

I tried Hayden's FOV exe but it keeps crashing on me. Have you been able to get it to work with the newest version? I'm on the Steam version....

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1