Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 05:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 19:54 

Hello everyone.

Is anyone else while playing in triple monitors not seeing the the Tips (ex:press R to reload) or the icons above players heads in single player and multiplayer? I can even distinguish who's on what side during multiplayer. I also cant see the icon when hovering above weapons that i can pick up.

When I disable multi monitors it works perfect on one screen. Anyone have a fix?

My setup is:
Latest Nvidia Drivers
SLI MSI GTX 580 3gb lightnings
intel 920 OC to 3.8ghz
6GB Ram

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 21:00 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm having the same issue with icons missing above players' heads when playing on three monitors using 2X 5870 Radeon HDs. Unfortunately, I haven't found a fix either.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 22:42 

Also having the same issue... Makes me slow to shoot... I die alot...

but it is the only issue so far on my 3X1 setup. They corrected the hud issue from the beta.

I'm running it on a single HD5870 on normal setting between 30 and 35 fps.

I have a used 5870 in the mail to complete a crossfire.

Bifurk8, How is the experience on a 2XHD5870 crossfire?

Post subject: I'm also having the same
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 00:18 

I'm also having the same issue. Sucks because i'm wasting ammo on my team mates and question whether or not to shoot at someone. Hope they fix soon.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 00:28 

I am having the same problem with sli GTX580 3 gig. Going have to play on one monitor till it is fixed. I am tired of killing my teamates in hardcore mode.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 03:41 

The indicators are there, but on the wrong screen.. For me it's on my left screen. I've tried switching the monitor connections, made no difference.

Sometimes it is on the middle screen, but it gets all stretched out, which brings up another issue with lighting and other screen effects the glare/dirt or whatever are all stretched out and larger than they should be making it harder to see.

Post subject: I have a couple
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 04:29 

I have a couple problems.

First I also am missing indicators. I started the campaign and in the subway car, I could not figure out how to dislodge the gun in the door, as there was no "hold F to remove gun". I was stuck there.

Secondly, if I go to options to adjust settings or keybindings, I get a pop-up window that asks me if I want to keep my desktop resolution.....even if I didn't do anything in "video". The game then freezes to a hard reset.

I have 3x 24" landscape, Triple Crossfire 6990+6970, 11.10 Preview3 without CAP 9.3, all on a stable X58 platform.
In game (for the brief time I've been there) I run smooth at 60 FPS with all settings on Ultra, FXAA, and no AO.

Maybe the game doesn't like EF???

Suggestions are welcome. My system is rock solid otherwise.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 05:08 

Yeah, I have the same problem of you guys. Some icons missing, to be exact, shifted to the left screen.
Here is something none of you said, but it happens to me, when I try to lower the resolution to play on 1 screen, the menu itself disapears, and all i can see is the background image,
forcing me to go back to the previous settings.

The only way I can see the icons properly is when I'm running the game in window mode.

Post subject: Another Me Too!
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 06:05 

Just want to echo what's been said.

Here's my Eyefinity specs:

2x Radeon 6950 (unlocked to 6970s)
Intel i7 930 2.8 OC'd to 4.2ghz
6GB memory
Asus PX58D-E Mobo
Windows 7 64bit
3x 27" Planar 1920x1080 monitors

Usually leave the system in Eyefinity mode with resolution at 5760x1080. However, BF3 isn't a fan of that resolution as of yet. I DO miss the prompts to interact with the environment (I can't count the number of times I tried to jump through the broken window.....). In multiplayer, you are unable to see friendly icons so you end up shooting your teammates. I tried to change resolution to 1920x1080 while having the desktop resolution remain 5760x1080, but I would only see the background of the menu screen an all the text would be gone until it reverted back to max res.

The only way I have had any fun in the game is when I just disabled eyefinity and extended two of the displays off the middle one. Now when I play, the game is only on the middle monitor, but I'm fine with that for now.

I just hope they fix some of their issues soon.

Ninefingers

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 13:57 

I don't know if it's allowed to post links to external forums, if it's not, I'm sorry and please delete this post.

I don't know if you guys know about it, but EA has a forum with a section dedicated about bugs, I posted about this bug there
if you guys wanna post there too in order to get more attention and hope they fix it, I would be grateful
(no registration required, you can use the account you use to play BF to post)
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7662117.page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next