Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 07:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2012, 11:46 

XFire doesnt work in-game, no chat or anything, apparantly its a well known issue with XFire in BF3, XF just arnt or cant do anything about it.

Fraps works awesome but only records say 10 seconds worth no matter what the FRAPS/BF3 settings are, resolution, fps, max screen (1.4GB file size) or half screen (500MB file size). Main problem is, it doesnt auto-restart itself when recording continuously which normally creates multiple videos which you then put together using a different program. If i hit stop recording after a few seconds the output file works, but if i allow it to just continuously go on... it just stops recording, the first and only video gets an error after about 10 seconds recorded.

DXtory uses different optional codecs from my PC as well as Dxtory's codecs, all of which either dont work or have like 3 fps playback.

Has anyone managed to record BF3 videos with triple screens yet?

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2012, 20:20 
Insiders
Insiders

MSI Afterburner will do it.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 06:30 
Editors
Editors

Something is seriously wrong with your fraps. Sounds like you need to install it anew or update the version your using.

Thats still the best recorder I have come across.

I had high hopes for ZDSoft as it does not limit the frame rate like fraps does when recording but it has some major issues with keeping audio/video sync and fraps is still the only one I have used that lets me record both microphone and game at the same time for commentary.

I have one more I need to test... let me go add that to my to do list actually.