Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 12:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 20:12 

YOUTUBE LINK: DELL U2412M monitor debezel mod

Hi guys. I need help, I was SO excited about finally going "extreme" in the quest for thinner bezels with a very low cost and effective solution. BUT, there's always a but, to my surprise the circuit board where the vesa mount is drilled isn't physically attached to the panel! Let me know if you have any solution, please watch the video. And for those of you that are asking yourself about how thin are the internal bezels of the monitor there's also a pic attached since I didn't manage to flip the monitor during the video, and yes I'm holding the loose part with my thumbs against the panel in this photo. I've based my initial idea on the U2410 debezel mod, and yes I had looked for info about the U2412M and found nothing about removing the bezels from it, probably because it's a fairly "new" model.

Attached files

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 20:50 
Administrators
Administrators

Moving this thread to the hardware forum as its better suited there, also removing the video tag as it's misleading, the thread is about the fact you want help not that you have a video about it.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

Post subject: Hi,wrote you already on
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2012, 11:08 

Hi,
wrote you already on youtube. But now I've registered here too. Someone in this forum had the same problem with U2312M an just fixed the circuit board with some tape to the display and then reused the back of the case for mounting it to the orignal stand. This should basically work with the U2412M and also for wall mounting. I've also 3 of this displays and planing to get another 2. But the bezel is to thick for portrait-mode, so a debezle mod would be very nice.

What is the thickness of the debezeled bezel? Still don't know if it is worth the work (and risk).

Post subject: ^That's me.Here is the
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 09:05 

^That's me.

Here is the guide: http://www.wsgf.org/forum/forums/hardware-software-support/hardware-discussions/18530/bezel-less-diy-also-valuable-users

Please let me know if you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help where I can.

Computer: Intel i7-2600k @ 5GHz | Asus Z68 Maximuz Gene-Z/GEN3 | 240GB Corsair Force 3 GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB 30nm Samsung DDR3-1600 | Sapphire Toxic 6950 2GB flashed to 6970 | 3x 23" Dell u2312HMt (LG IPS panels) 5940x1080

Cooling: EK Supreme H