Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 15:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2010, 00:21 
Editors
Editors

This is a silly question (I know honest question is silly but i need to ask) I seen the gpu usage pics when you started the topic but is it actually adding anymore fps over normal sli. It is a pain as I wanted to get tri sli for bc2 and this does seem to be one game that does not like it for now.

Lol yes thats a good question, i cannot answer it right now tbh :oops: , i almost had a heart attack after disabling tri-SLI to try normal SLI, and back, my PC doesnt seem to like these changes. :|

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2010, 22:26 

Your not alone there Thales, it seems the drivers identify each piece of hardware, and thier location, I changed the cables at the back of the computer, which in theory should just change the L and R display over, which it didnt, and went back to one screen and dropped the two screens and gave me out of range notifications.

Same when changing from my 280's to 480's. It wouldnt recognise the cards without a re-install of the drivers or sli with out a reboot and wouldnt accept surround settings without a reboot. Also changing the L-M-R screens from 2-1-3 to 3-1-2 "seems" to have cured a funny "static like" haze that would appear intermittently on the right screen (black pixals would appear in lime green in varying intensity) although time will tell as to wether it appears again or not, but first useage, it appears to be gone.

On another note, whilst there is a bit more heat coming from the rear of the computer, the noise of the 480's is no more than my 280's produced (which was minimal at worst), if I had known this at the outset, I certainly wouldnt have gone to the trouble and expence of water cooling....

All the conjecture and speculation about it is exagerated IMO way out of proportion. My side case fan (220mm) is still the loudest part of my computer.

Thats my take on it from a very noob computer user in any case.....

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010, 18:11 

[quote]can you enable/disable surround on a per game basis ?

You have to access the NCP, and enable / disable surround, just like you can do with SLI.

What do you mean you have to disable surround? Can't you just select single screen resolution in game like with triplehead?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010, 19:11 
Editors
Editors

What do you mean you have to disable surround? Can't you just select single screen resolution in game like with triplehead?

Yes, you can, but Surround (and consequently SLI) will be still active.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 11:00 

2 X GTX470s..

2 questions...(simple I know.. but not for the uneducated..)

do you plug the 3 monitors into.. 1&2 on card 1. and 1 on port 1 card 2?

and ..

can I run a 4th monitor (non surround) from port 2 on card 2?
I have a little 640X480 7" touch screen I use.. running touchbuddy..

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 11:48 
Editors
Editors

Yes to Q1, and Yes to Q2, so far as I know.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 22:28 

No, the fourth monitor switch off when you activate surround. And when I power on the computer if surround is activated and the fourth monitor is attached I have a Windows Crash.
I have noticed this behavior with my fourth monitor that is analogic (VGA connector) and tactil if the fourth monitor is Digital I have no crash (but still it doesn´t be activated)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010, 22:37 

I hope in the future we can disable SLI for games that suffer from it, while still running surround..

It would also be nice to dedicate one card to Physx when necessary, while still running surround, for games such as Batman and Mafia 2. For some reason neither of my cards run at 100% with physx enabled...

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2010, 03:22 

Just made the switch from eyefinity to surround. and first Impressions are WOW!! Finally trouble free.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2010, 12:06 
Editors
Editors

Just made the switch from eyefinity to surround. and first Impressions are WOW!! Finally trouble free.

Cool :rockout

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next