Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 04:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 16:34 
Editors
Editors

Bad news, folks - the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2 breaks its flawless Surround support - pillarboxed with HUD hiding partly under the bezels. :( I have added a note to the Detailed Report about this.

I was waiting for the Enhanced Edition to actually put some effort into playing further into W2... now I wish I hadn't waited. :(

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 22:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Yes I have tried to get the witcher 2 enhanced edition working on 3 screens with nvidia surround but it doenst work, just like the witcher 2 before patch 2.0. So now iam getting back to the witcher 2 2.0 so i can play. I hope there is going to come a patch for the witcher 2 enhanced edition so it will work with nvidia surround.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2012, 04:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Just wanted to also say The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition is broken with Nvidia surround. Using 3 680 with three same screens, worked before with my 480s setup before the EE patch.

I have no freaking clue why they jacked it up :( sucks ballz, so its not a AMD only thing both parties are screwed.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2012, 04:17 

I guess I should have checked here first. I had played last year and surround worked well. I just loaded the enhanced version and now I can no longer use all three monitors. I get the center screen and about 20% of the other two so no surround.
It seems that whenever they even say the word console they screw things up.
I am really dissiapointed as I have stoped playing SKYRIM due to all the constantly breaking wide screen issues and now I can not even go back to the Witcher.

CPU i-7920 DO @3.6 Ghz, PSU Corsair AX1200, GPU's 2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI Surround, Monitors 3 Ea Samsung 245T's 24" @ 5760 X 1200, Storage, Boot Drive 120 Gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Program drives, 2 Ea 300 Gb V-Raptors in RAID 0, Storage drive, WD RE3 1 TB, M

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2012, 18:19 
Insiders
Insiders

I guess I should have checked here first. I had played last year and surround worked well. I just loaded the enhanced version and now I can no longer use all three monitors. I get the center screen and about 20% of the other two so no surround.
I am really dissiapointed as I have stoped playing SKYRIM due to all the constantly breaking wide screen issues and now I can not even go back to the Witcher.

Hi,

Widescreen Fixer has been updated with the fixes for both Steam, GoG for Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround for Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition. More info is in the other thread;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: It Works
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2012, 22:42 

Thanks Helifax, I had never used Widescreen Fixer before. I downloaded it today and installed it and it works great for TW2.
In SKYRIM It does not seem to be letting me see my various screen items, only the main picture , no compas Etc. However the menu's and the map look fine. I am sure I am not up to speed on using ASF as yet, especially for SKYRIM but so far it works great.
What I am going to do now is:
1. Go to the proper thread and learn about it
2. Prob, ask some questions
3. Give a donation to support the continuing effort,

Thanks !!

CPU i-7920 DO @3.6 Ghz, PSU Corsair AX1200, GPU's 2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI Surround, Monitors 3 Ea Samsung 245T's 24" @ 5760 X 1200, Storage, Boot Drive 120 Gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Program drives, 2 Ea 300 Gb V-Raptors in RAID 0, Storage drive, WD RE3 1 TB, M

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 10:35 
Editors
Editors

I got Surround working again on the GOG version by simply editing AspectRatio=-1 in the user.ini file to AspectRatio=6. (That's for 5760x1200; for 5760x1080, use AspectRatio=5)... not sure if there are any other quirks, but the game looks as I would expect with that setting applied.

PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 20:07 

[quote]I guess I should have checked here first. I had played last year and surround worked well. I just loaded the enhanced version and now I can no longer use all three monitors. I get the center screen and about 20% of the other two so no surround.

Hi,

Widescreen Fixer has been updated with the fixes for both Steam, GoG for Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround for Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition. More info is in the other thread;))

Best Regards,
Helifax
hi helifax,

tried the widescreen fixer and i'm having problems, hoping you can help. :)

have the EE gog version ( v3.0 )
amd 7970 using the 12.4 drivers
three 1920x1200 monitors
win7 64

installed:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 and/or x64)
7-Zip

except:
Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0

as the file is a web installer and the pc isn't online............. but the only option is fix or remove, so i presume it is already installed?

anyway, the fixer opens up, and i have set it to witcher2 and selected the gog v3 version.
however, the cog symbol just opens an options screen (set to 3x 16:10 - 5760), but it doesn't starrt the fix and the option screen doesn't have a "go" button either.

so the fix detects that the game is run (after the fixer is opened) but it doesn't detect the fixer as running.

what am i doing wrong?

cheers

PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 20:12 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]I guess I should have checked here first. I had played last year and surround worked well. I just loaded the enhanced version and now I can no longer use all three monitors. I get the center screen and about 20% of the other two so no surround.

Hi,

Best Regards,
Helifax
hi helifax,

tried the widescreen fixer and i'm having problems, hoping you can help. :)

have the EE gog version ( v3.0 )
amd 7970 using the 12.4 drivers
three 1920x1200 monitors
win7 64

installed:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 and/or x64)
7-Zip

except:
Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0

as the file is a web installer and the pc isn't online............. but the only option is fix or remove, so i presume it is already installed?

anyway, the fixer opens up, and i have set it to witcher2 and selected the gog v3 version.
however, the cog symbol just opens an options screen (set to 3x 16:10 - 5760), but it doesn't starrt the fix and the option screen doesn't have a "go" button either.

so the fix detects that the game is run (after the fixer is opened) but it doesn't detect the fixer as running.

what am i doing wrong?

cheers

Hey there:) You need to enable the fix! The default key is the numpad * (star) This key can also be configured: In widescreenfixer just select the Settings tab and there you can put the key to use to enabled/disable a fix:)

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: cheers, works
PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 20:49 

cheers, works great.

confused by the fact the old sky4rim fix needed the game injecting before the game started. thanks