Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 06:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2010, 13:57 
Editors
Editors

Yeah, Mesh, I agree with you.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 22:05 

A friend of mine used the Zalman screen and glass's a year or so ago in our raciing league for rFactor, he reported that in an F1 car you felt that you could reach out and touch the front wheels and in an accident it felt like you were going to get hit in the face with car bits.... and was very happy with it, although he went down the soft TH route not long after and didnt get 2 more Zalmans so no 3D.

I am very interested in this release (when ever it comes), and learnt my lesson after purchasing 2 x o/c 280 GTX's 2 weeks before nVid released the 295's last year :doh when no one, (I knew in the industry) knew that they were coming, this being the primary reason why there is no 5970 in my gaming rig right now.....as I am waiting for the nVid response, and all of this site's fantastic feedback.

However, I am a little tentative on the 3D glass's. I have only just started wearing glass's for reading/computing etc (yep at that age and still a big kid) and the thought of wearing 2 sets of spec's isnt appealing from a comfort point of view. Let alone competing in enduro events where I have raced for 3 hours straight.... no time there to pit and ditch it for 2D....

Any one had experience with nVids 3D glass's ?

In any case the sock in the back of the draw is starting to fill up with cash already.... :wink: 3 screens 1-2 cards, and glasses, phew, lucky its a big sock.....

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 23:04 

I have used nvidia 3D vision almost a year now. Many games support it and i really like the feeling. The negative i can say about it is that there is no games that is made for it so it makes 3D from what it knows, and no game have graphics programmed to be infront of the screen. So u get depth but nothing that jumps out of the screen.

I have just bought my third samsung 2233rz so im waiting for the drivers to be released. Im didnt really buy the other screens to play all 3 in 3D. I think the feeling of playing 3 screen is good enought, then why not get 2 more 3D screens when im at it. i dont think i can play all games in max quality if im doing 5040 X 1050 in 3D(120hz) becouse i need to have 6X the graphic computing power for that. Right now im running 2X gtx275, will buy a third if i think i need it. I will see how far i get with that

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 23:09 

hmm. i wrote a message but it seems it didn post :/
i dont want to type it again :(

edit:
I was playing eve online on my other screen so i didnt see the screen that said a moderator had to aprove it. :p

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 14:36 
Editors
Editors

hmm. i wrote a message but it seems it didn post :/
i dont want to type it again :(

Posts needs to be approved by a moderator or administrator in the beginning, so there might be a delay. Its for anti-spam purposes. :)

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 20:11 

I've got a 120hz projector arriving today and already received my 3D Vision kit, so I will play with it tonight and see how well the 3D Vision works with the projector.

I'm already doing 3x 24" monitors with my PC, but couldn't quite afford upgrading to 3 new 120hz ones. The projector is something I wanted for a couple other projects, so I figured I would get one that works with the 3D Vision glasses and see what they are like.

I'll try out some WoW, Borderlands and some Bad Company 2 and see how they do.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010, 05:53 

i tried out nvidia's brand new 3d vision glasses at pax east yesterday. They had triple screen surround with 3d enabled lol. I played MW2 and was impressed but I wouldnt want to game for that long in 3d. Triple screens is good enough for me, I dont think you would want to play competatively in 3d either. But it was cool and the gtx 480 is a beast.. it aslo idles at ridiculously high tempertures. Over 90 celcius with 2 monitors hooked up?? Thats nutty.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010, 19:14 

I'd say 90 is cool by previous card standards ...

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2010, 20:21 

i tried out nvidia's brand new 3d vision glasses at pax east yesterday. They had triple screen surround with 3d enabled lol. I played MW2 and was impressed but I wouldnt want to game for that long in 3d. Triple screens is good enough for me, I dont think you would want to play competatively in 3d either. But it was cool and the gtx 480 is a beast.. it aslo idles at ridiculously high tempertures. Over 90 celcius with 2 monitors hooked up?? Thats nutty.

Was it fatiguing in a way, how was the immersion in comparison to a multiple monitor setup? I really do not care much for Imax3d and other past experiences I have had yet I hope that this would somehow be different when gaming.

PostPosted: 02 May 2010, 23:26 

Im pretty sure these things cant give real 3d, only "simulated" 3d... since you actually would need 2 different viewports in a game (different angles from 2 eyes) for the mind to properly percieve real 3d vision.
Its probably cool tho, havent tried.