Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 04:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2011, 00:41 

So back in the day I put together a rig with 2x GTX280s and had 3x 22" LG monitors going with the TripleHead2Go Digital. But wasn't gaming enough to justify it, and went back to a single 26".

Now after playing the BF3 beta the only thing I keep thinking is "This would be awesome with 3 monitors.."

So after looking around I found that apparently the GTX280s were one of the first cards that can do the Nvidia surround thing. But after looking on nvidia's website the sli mode for surround on most of the 200 cards is listed as 3way sli.

So does that mean it will only work on these cards if they're in 3way sli? Or is that just the optimal config for them?

I've seen others post that they've gotten surround working on GTX285s in 2 way sli, and it's almost the same card, but i'm leery about shelling out the cash for 3 new monitors if it's not going to work because of something i've overlooked.

I've still got the matrox box collecting dust somewhere, but if the nvidia surround can work with my cards and the new monitors I want without monkeying around with the TH it would be preferable.

If anyone has any relevant info it would be most appreciated.

Post subject: 2 X 280 GTX will work in
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2011, 20:12 

2 X 280 GTX will work in surround. Might be a bit low in power when running games demanding games at 5040x1050.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2011, 08:55 

Sure will, I used 2 x 280's for a fair while when the surround drivers were released (about 6 months). Didnt do any really intence grafical gaming, but for stuff like rFactor, GTR Evo and I-racing it did the job quite well.