Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 14:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 10:16 

Hello all,

this is my first post at wsgf, but i use and read a lot here since months. English is not my native tongue but i try my best. Normally i find everything i need here but not this time. First of all: Thank you for your great job!
Maybe someone can help me with my problem now: I´ve got a Nvidia gtx590 since today and i can´t use my three monitors with a res of 5040x1050 directly attached at the three ports. If I use my matrox TH2go i can use the resolution. My thought was i don´t use the th2go not anymore now. But Nvidia control panel shows my only max res of 4800x1200...
A single monitor has a res. of 1680x1050 native and if i use only one monitor i can use it...
Any Idea? Thanks for read and help,

Sven

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 19:45 

Maybe you can take a look at Displaychanger

http://12noon.com/

You can force a resolution with that program. Also, i recomend you to enter first in MS-DOS, and calling the dccmd.exe with the following

dccmd.exe - listmodes

And will show you all resolutions that your enviroment is capable of.

Then you can change your res with it, for example...

dccmd.exe -width=5040 -height=1050 -fixedoutput=default

I recomend you to take a look at all parameters that program admit, and learn a bit about it.

But wait, its a bit dangerous. If you set a resolution and your system doesnt admit it well, maybe de displaychanger will warn you or maybe not. Or maybe you will see nothing. In that case, you can maybe run dccmd.exe and force to a standard resolution (1024x768), typing the comand while you are blinded. Or entering windows in safe mode....

I doesnt assure you anything, but maybe that program can do what you want.