Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 12:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 14:27 

Hello,

i have a new Nvidia Sorround System consisting 3 ProLte 27" Monitors powered by an Zotac GTX 680 with 2048 MB Vram.

Drift2 runs good, BF3 too, but with Legaue of Legends and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 i got some Problems. I use the Widescreen fixer.

The Problems with Modern Warfare is that the Game sucks in Performance. This is ridicoulous because my GTX 680 can run triple Monitor un BF3 with ULTRA Settings.

Someone got an idea, how to fix that?

The Problem with League of Legends is, that on left and right Monitor you can only see Images, not animated Heroes or NPCs.
Another Problem is, that the Hud is not Centered.

Maybe someone here knows a solution.

At this weekend i will Upgrade to an GTX 680 SLI. Maybe this will improve MW3 Gameplay.

Heineken2003

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 15:01 

You'll find that there are tons of games that do not support triple monitor setups by default and needs tweaking/hacking to make it work.

For MW3 I use Flawless Widescreen, not sure how it differs from Widescreen Fixer, but I can run MW3 with 60+ FPS in 5760x1080 on 460 GTX in SLI, Don't think I ran ultra settings though, but I found the game very easy to run, it requires no where near the same GPU power as BF3 does. You really shouldn't have any problems running it, just remember to set your Image Quality in the options menu to Native and NOT High. All it does is reduce your resolution and double the pixels, not something you want. To include a setting like this in a PC game is disgraceful, but whatever. So maybe try Flawless Widescreen? And also set Image Quality to Native.

As for LoL, I have no idea, never tried multi monitor on it, and have no plans to do so either.

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 15:17 

Hi,

the Flawless Widescreen works as intended, but i recognized that the game stutters when i move my Cursor, someone got a Hint to solve that? I use a Cyborg Rat 5 Mouse.
I would search for a newer driver but i feel thats not the Problem.

Heineken2003

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 15:55 

Do you have an older mouse laying around which you can try with to see if it may be mouse related?

Updating your driver should be easier done than making a post on a forum. Doesn't your driver software have a check for update feature?

I had a similar problem recently with F.E.A.R., but that is a very old game at this point and the same thing should not happen, but MW3 is a console port so who knows. Anyways, what F.E.A.R. did was over poll my USB, so what I had to do was turn down my polling rate from 1000Hz to 125Hz. I doubt that's the issue, but it might be worth a shot. Also if you play at a high DPI setting, try reducing it to see if that can be the cause.

Also maybe it's another terrible console setting like Image Quality which you have to turn off. Try turning the graphics down to minimum and see if it's still an issue, if it's not, then max one and one setting until the problem reappears, and turn off that option while maxing the rest.

Post subject: Changed Mouse...
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 17:34 

Hello,

i changed my Mouse to an old Logitech, but this does not solve the Problem. After that i tried to reduce my Mouse Poll Rate to 125 but is does not help.

The stuttering Cursor only occurs if i Move the Muse, when i watch Games i recorded earlier there is no lag, only if i move the Cursor. This Problem occurs when i Use Nvidia Sorround, if i use each Monitor alone, there is no stuttering in MW3. In other games this does not occur.

I am looking to some Steam Forum Threads now and i will see what happens

***edit****

No Solutions discovered yet, noone of you got the same Problems? Its funny that without Nvidia Surround my Mouse and the game works well...

***edit***

Heineken2003

Post subject: The problem you are
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2012, 09:13 
Insiders
Insiders

The problem you are experiencing with League of Legends is not specific to your setup. Minions/monster/champions will be shown as moving pictures on both the right and left monitor. That is probably the way the engine was build to save performance for single screen users. It would indeed be nice to center the HUD elements, but no such fix has been made until now.

Although setting your image quality settings to native has been mentioned in this thread, it really sounds like that is what you are experiencing. Are you sure those settings are correct?

Philips BDM4065UC(3840x2160) Acer Z35(2560x1080@200hz); 980 Ti Hybrid @stock ; 6700K 4.6ghz (1.35v)/D15; 16GB 3200mhz; Asus Maximus Ranger VIII; AX860; 1TB 960 EVO; 750GB 840 EVO; Teufel Concept D 500; Sennheiser HD6XX; Windows 10 (latest build)

Post subject: Ingame Video
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 17:55 

Hello,

i will setup an a Video on Youtube where u can see the Problem.

hopwest

***edit***

The Videolink triggers the Spamfilter :-(

***edit2***

Could not try GTX 680 SLI, cuz new Mainboard got a broken Socket. Tomorrow next try. Will post results here.

***edit2***

***edit3***

GTX680 SLI solved the Problem for me :-)

***edit3***