Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2013, 16:43 

Hi Guys,

I need some advice on a system to run three GTX680s and a fourth screen. I am a noob to building and I would like someone to point me to a reasonably mid priced 4 slot motherboard which will do the job. I already have two GTX 680s, and I am going to add a third. In addition, I found a GTX210 at a bargain price, and plan on adding it as a second screen, for running gauges and exporting data out of flight sims. I will need a four way sli motherboard, with three slots to run SLI on three LG 42 inch TVs, and the fourth slot for a small monitor. I plan on having 32 gigs of ram, with onboard sound through an optical link.

I was looking at the ASUS Maximus V extreme, only because it has 4-way SLI. I don't really know if this would be a good purchase of not. Can anyone suggest an alternative that might be worth looking at? What sort of CPU should I purchase? (I tend to stick with Intel processors). Can anyone see potential problems with a setup like this.

Thanks in Advance for your Help.