Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 07:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hazro
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2009, 18:58 

Anyone ever heard of it?

*background*
I have started my search for my NEC20WMGX2 replacement, I will be building another desktop since my wife uses this one for work... she loves the dual setup and uses it often...I figured I'd buy a bigger monitor (1920x1200) for my use when I realized how much I liked the clarity of my NEC...so I need/want a adequate replacement for it...I did a search and Hazro has a 23" IPS screen.

http://www.hazro.co.uk/products/hazro_hz23w.html

Any comments would be welcomed...other companies that I might not of heard about would be welcomed too. I'm not looking for much beyond a 23/24" range...after that I'm afraid I hit tv size and its not justifiable.

-skeed

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2009, 23:30 

Of course, Hazro is commonly mentioned here due to so many members being from the UK. You're in the US though, so it doesn't make sense for you. They're nice displays though and even have aluminum shells vs plastic.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009, 06:44 

I believe only overclockers.co.uk stock them, it is an exclusive deal or something

I personally heard good reviews of their first edition monitors (models without an I at the end)

but there seem to have some problems with their current (second) edition, may be they have already sorted the problems out

I would love to buy their 30" monitor, cheapest 30" IPS montiors on the market, only £650 (including tax), a Dell 3008WFP can easily set you back around £1000

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009, 20:54 

they don't export ?

:cry: :?:

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009, 22:08 
Editors
Editors

Your wallet would get raped with near endless charges if you tried to export it from the UK. We're already damned expensive, then you'd probably end up paying VAT here, enormous shipping, then import costs to the States.

You could e-mail and ask, but overclockers.co.uk has a very bad reputation for Customer Service.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2009, 00:31 

You could e-mail and ask, but overclockers.co.uk has a very bad reputation for Customer Service.

I dont think you have to pay vat but the shipping cost and import tax should be quite high, probability better to buy other ISP monitors

regarding the customer services.... I had first hand experience, they treat you like shit and it took them over a month to replace my motherboard

P.S. I just bought a Dell S2309W and it is not half bad (current sitting next to my FP241W)

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2009, 14:39 

While other panels aren't "half bad" they are after the NEC...I've been spoiled...

I contacted Newegg, told them they should get them since they have enough pull to maybe make a huge deal with Hazro...the CSR there said he would most def. pass it on.
*prays* NEWEGG YOU HAVE 5 MONTHS!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2009, 20:19 

I contacted Newegg, told them they should get them since they have enough pull to maybe make a huge deal with Hazro...the CSR there said he would most def. pass it on.
*prays* NEWEGG YOU HAVE 5 MONTHS!
LOL, 5 months is rather hopeful I think. It would be nice, but even common models of certain brands end up getting discontinued by them. They tend to like manufacturers that can give them consistently large volume of supply and accurate, consistent info on availability. I doubt Hazro being such a small supplier could live up to that. But hey, it may be until the end of this year before I finally replace this old dinosaur I'm using now, so one can only hope.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2009, 21:11 

I am pretty certain Hazro is pushing the product into the US

but that would probability require them to adjust the manufacturing process or even manufacture to keep the cost down

that can be a huge investment and can be a huge gamble for a small UK based company

what I am trying to say is it is unlikely you will see Hazro monitor soon in the state