Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 08:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2007, 13:57 

I have a MS optical 1000dpi mouse and its nice ill probably eventually get a g7 or mx518 or something

You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here! What do we have? ~ Dr. Evil

He gets ill tempered sea bass :D

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2007, 14:47 

Hahahaha!

Nice one, turn my serious thread into a "Laser" thread.

Assholes!

I like it! Reminds me of me.

Ok, so I don't get a cordless then. What else am I supposed to do with the $150 I got nothing else to spend on?

I WANT MORE HARDWARE!!!!

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2007, 14:55 
Editors
Editors

Get something from Apple, it'll drain you're wallet really fast. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2007, 15:38 

My biggest problem with cordless mouse was loss of connection. That is why I gave my G7 away. Not my problem anymore.

Btw... altered quote from Austin Powers 3 " I'm not from Holland, ishn't that vierd" No offence to you dutch people. But it is one of my favourite movies.

I love gooooooooold...

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2007, 16:38 
Founder
Founder

As far as I know the G5 is using a laser, and if I pick it up it will still respond when suspended in the air. In fact, it's pretty sensitive as it moves around rapidly because my hand is shaking, which is completely unnoticeable until a closer look is taken. :)

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2007, 18:22 

Spend the money on a Razer DeathAdder:

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=43

I love this mouse . . . it fits perfectly in my hand; which I cannot say about the MX500+ shaped mice. :(

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2007, 20:35 

I used to have a wireless Logitech mouse. Laser, pretty decent.

Problem was however that it ran on the exact same frequency as my wireless network, so the signal was often lost or distorted (most noticeably when i was FTPing large files to my home server wirelessly).

The mouse would turn off ocassionally if you weren't moving it enough (ex. if you were using a "fast" movement of the mouse setting, where you wouldn't have to move the mouse far to move the cursor) the mouse would think that you weren't using it and would turn off. It was the worst when i was doing things such as flying choppers in Battlefield 2. If you have to pull out of a dive and your mouse has cut out, it's NOT a good thing :evil:

You would think that some lost signal wouldn't be a problem, but it makes ALL the difference in the world. At points i would move the mouse up and the cursor would go up then do a little loopdy doo to the left. Causes insane frustration while sniping in any game. Precise photo editing is also impossible because of this.

Stay away from wireless mouses......... wired are much more reliable.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2007, 22:52 

If your serious about highspeed/twitch FPS gaming, stay wired. I use the G5 and love it, especially the ability to change sensitivity from 0-2000dpi on the fly. Shooting aircraft and need to be able to swing that missle launcher around in circles quickly to save every tenth of a second possible? Max DPI and it spins so fast you can get dizzy. Crawling up the hill to snipe? Drop it to 200dpi and your crosshair is steady enough to pull headshots with ease. Five different adjustable settings for DPI that you can just toggle up or down through. Best $$$ I ever spent for gaming.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2007, 01:37 

So its unanimous then.

No wired here. Robbo? No wired? See here? No wired!

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2007, 02:10 

Hahahaha!
Nice one, turn my serious thread into a "Laser" thread.
Assholes!

OOOOOH shut up johnny....

Uhh you could also get two mice you like and try both out and see if the cordless bugs the crap out of you

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next