Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 09:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2006, 17:28 

Does anyone know why some games und ip with a light blue color border on the screen. You can only see the top and left of it though. It's like the game looks like it's windowed except with bottom and the right line missing. The game is defeitley in full screen . I have noticed it in Tom Raider Legends, Call of Cuthulu and the godfather. It doesn't just happen at 2560x1600 but at other resolutions aswell. The thing is it appeard random to me , but once it comes it doesn't goaway no matter what i do. I need some help with this please.

On another note I did more tests:

Vampire Bloodlines: Highest resolution is 1600x1200, but with the resolution patcher , it can play at 2560x1600 and looks great as a result.

Deus Ex: I was able to play full screen finaly with a decent resolution. I made a custom resolution with power strip. 2048x1536 would play windowed and so wasn't ideal, 2560x1600 wasn't possible with directx 7. So I used 1920x1600. the game looks better as a result and is scaled properly, even though strictly speaking it isn't a wide screen resolution. At least i resolved this issue though.

The Sims 2: Max is 1600x1200. Although there is a config (it's called graphic rules) where you can change the values of the resolution , they don't take effect and the game remains at 1600x1200. The godfather game behaved in the same way. I don't think it's a coincidence that both games are from EA. EA should be ashamed of themselves , they are the richest game publisher in the world and so should hav plenty of resources and huge teams working on their games. I see no reason why they can't add HD and XHD resolutions into their games. Spoilsports. They really are messing up the game industry. How can the industry evolveif EA refuse to add high resolutions.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2006, 18:15 
Founder
Founder

I got WOW and COH to play at 2560x1600 yesterday.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2006, 02:51 

Just got my new Rig complete. :D

I called this one DaVinci-1 since its the very first time I built a computer myself from scratch!

Previously I was running an X-2 4800+ with 2 GB OCZ DDR memory on an A8R32 Deluxe...

Since I just completed the upgrade, I will come back here to tell you guys the diffrence I see in game. (3DMark06 has been improved by more than 1000 points, with 1 or 2 cards.

I appreciate this thread. Thanks!

Later.

Num

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 18:15 

I have a question for the fellow Dell 3007wfp owners here. First question is

1. Does your panel have any dead/stuck hot pixels ? You may have to go up real cose to it to see them.

2. Do yu see any faint lines on the screen itself, that looks like the screen is worn or something? Look for it when the screen is dark.

3. Does your panel have any light bleed?

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 19:29 

Red Orchestra, Hidden and Dangerous 2 and Quake 3 Arena.

I know H&D2 doesn't support ws properly, but any joy in getting it to run at whatever resx1600 4:3 aspect ratio via a custom resolution? If so could you post some screens (+ one at 2560x1600, but with distortion would be great too if pos).

Also bhess, how do you find you 30"ACD for gaming. Have made my mind up to get one of these, just looking for final reassurance ;)

Cheers,

Rob

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 19:55 

I have a question for the fellow Dell 3007wfp owners here. First question is

1. Does your panel have any dead/stuck hot pixels ? You may have to go up real cose to it to see them.

2. Do yu see any faint lines on the screen itself, that looks like the screen is worn or something? Look for it when the screen is dark.

3. Does your panel have any light bleed?

1. No

2. No (are you sure it's not a sticking picture, that I do have)

3. Yes, a little in the bottom left corner.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 23:36 

Update,

I've also checked darkstar one and Operation flashpoint. Both support 2560 x 1600 right out of the box. I'm really impressed with operation flashpoint because the game was released years ago.

Greets,
zarkov

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2006, 20:12 

I played all kinds of game on my Dell 3007.

My general experiences so far, nothing like a detailed Report but still of interest I guess :

-Titan Quest at full native Res was looking perfect, though I prefered to lower the Res a bit willingly for seeing the writtings better... Titan Quest is a really demanding game which would elevate my GFX Cards temperature a lot and fast. Just tried the demo too, in its earlier version...so maybe its changed. The game looked great though. Im planning to get that one soon :D

-Countersrike and Half Life 2 always amazed me by their fully native supported Res. Easily playable too. Perfect display. Valve Owns tbh...

-FEAR at the "cheated" native Res of the 3007 is far from impressive. Images are distorded and the game play is impossible if you like a minimum of eye candy. Then again, FEAR was always way too much of an over-rated game imo... The times I played it, I switch back to 2048X1560, giving a better image (amazing graphics) and a little better gameplay.

-Battle for Middle-Earth 2 (and BFME 1) at native Res using the "Cheat", is not good to be recommended since it provides a little too-zoomed-in, and distorded image... Better play these at 2048X1560.

-Heroes of Magic IV is not providing a "true" Widescreen aspect either, whatever they might affirm... It will give you a distorded (strechted) image. Better play it at max 4:3 Res also.

-Star wars : Empire at War will give you a true native resolution at 2560X1600. A shame the game-play didnt get me enough... Good graphics, boring play.

-FARCRY : Its been a while, but I think FarCry was playable at full nativce res...with some modification/cheats??? Anyways, I remember the graphics to look just incredible.

-Battlefield 2 has of course no WD support. But at 2048x1560 the game looks and plays really nice. I tried it with a smaller 21 inches monitor and found I didnt have the will to play for more than 15 minutes. On the Dell 3007, the experience of flying a Chopper, for exemple, is amazing.

In fact, gaming of the 3007 changes a lot of what you will expect of PC Gaming in your future life.

Num

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 02:50 

Since it was requested, I just got my Dell 3007 today and am loving it.

Words cannot describe the sheer magnitude of this beast, but you guys who own a 30" already know that.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 07:50 
Founder
Founder

Updated all the games listed since 9/18

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next