Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 10:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2009, 00:57 

hi all , any of you guys that own the dell 2709w. I just purchased it and its a good monitor. only prob is that the color is a little saturated , please post your user settings, as it is too bright and colors are a little off, any help for the best config for web viewing and gaming, all help appreciated , also what settings to use in nvidia control panel , thanx in advance to all 2709w owners.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2009, 02:45 

hi all , any of you guys that own the dell 2709w. I just purchased it and its a good monitor. only prob is that the color is a little saturated , please post your user settings, as it is too bright and colors are a little off, any help for the best config for web viewing and gaming, all help appreciated , also what settings to use in nvidia control panel , thanx in advance to all 2709w owners.
That display is reported to have too much color saturation if using the default presets. The only way you can set it up good is to manually adjust the individual colors. I also recommend at the very least using Nvidia's Display Wizard color sliders to get the hue level right for each color if you don't have actual calibration gear or software, which made a big difference on a Samsung I set up for a friend.

Some sites show a few examples of custom settings profiles people have used, but to a large degree it's personal preference.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1113146.html

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2009, 20:58 

Thanx friend. Any users (owners that can post their Config. Please help I still think it needs some tweaking on nvidia tuner

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2009, 01:37 

Thanx friend. Any users (owners that can post their Config. Please help I still think it needs some tweaking on nvidia tuner

I use one of the setting from here:

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-dell-2709w-part9.html

I at the office atm and I don't remember which one I used. I'll try to check when I get home and let you know.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2009, 03:12 

Ok, I have R=94 G=95 B=100, Brightness=0, Contrast =50

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2009, 09:14 

Ok, I have R=94 G=95 B=100, ...
With settings like that, you're not exactly going to cure that problem of the colors being too saturated that you mentioned above.

Post subject: yep.
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2009, 16:41 

thanks for the info wiz , still too saturated , perhaps any other calibration or something, on the nvidia control panel , i think the srgb setup has every color right except green, or perhaps there is another way, i just want them to be as the colors on my 2405 were wich were all right.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2009, 23:42 

It's a simple matter of the R,G,B amounts being the same as color warmth, or saturation. My God man you've got them cranked up near or at 100%, what do you expect? Of course they're going to look saturated. You've been shown several profiles that have much lower R,G,B settings, I suggest you make note of that. :wink: