Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 03:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 22:52 

I'm looking for some performance comparisons between SLI GTX 570 and SLI GTX 580. I'm currently rocking an SLI GTX 275 setup that performs pretty well, but I'm looking to move on to DirectX 11, and I'd like to be able to play BF3 without having to turn off Surround EVERY time. I'm running a 5760 x 1080 resolution, and the new setup is going to be paired with my current i7 970. I've read tons of information about these cards and their scaling performances when running 1920 x 1080, but I can't find much information about them at high resolutions.

I'm looking at a pair of the 3GB GTX 580s from EVGA, which will run around $1100. Or, a pair of the 2.5GB GTX 570s that will run around $800. The cost isn't really a huge issue, however I used to be dumb and buy the best of everything and realized I was throwing money away. So, I'm trying to avoid that. What are the opinions out there? Does the performance difference merit $300? And what do you guys consider enough video memory for this resolution?

Also, I only plan on using nVidia, so I am not interested in the 7970 or the 7950. Also, I am aware of the impending release of Keplar, but I'm set to buy now. Thanks for you input!

PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 20:31 

hello..i use 2 evga gtx 580 3 gig...these cards really are amazing..i max everything in BF3 my friend..running full sli surround @ 6010x1080 bezel corrected. real deal here..the 3 gigs is what really helps in maxing bf3 out..especially with AA. I do limit the card at 60 frames with vsync on of course.
i have never used ati cards for eyefinity. i am sure that is great also!