Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 00:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 19:08 

Hrm, it shows nothing. Maybe they don't bother to tag specific builds that aren't being released. I just have an exe made specifically to test the triple wide fix.

Weird, thats all they provided to you? an exe? and you can play in PB enabled servers?? you would think PB would pick up changes made in the exe, so sad you cant trust anyone to release it, even if they do watermark it, it would be pretty easy to hex edit the R10 exe with the triple screen fix and not the watermark linking your account. Though, honestly im pretty sure they dont watermark each beta version, doesnt make sense.

If they dont do it for reviewers they wont be doing it for beta testers, seriously. Reviewers leak entire games and they never find out who leaked it because they are not watermarked, what makes you think that they would with a small patch with little implications to the larger user base.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2011, 19:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah just the exe.

PB did kick me at first for using it, but Kalms got in touch with them and got it sorted out in a couple of days.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2011, 04:09 

Hello, I wanted to ask about how will they implement the interactive cutscenes if there are any here? I played Bad Company 2 on my 2.35:1 screen at a resolution of 1920x810, and the cutscenes are windowedboxed, gameplay works fine (and works great too on the big screen). I know it's made for multiscreen, but I'd like to atleast know if there is a hack for this (On Bad Company 2).

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2011, 03:23 

This is worth a good laugh. Would have more credibility if they ever bothered to un-fuck support for three screens in their last goddamned game.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2011, 13:32 

To be fair I think that dice have supported 3 screens with the frostbite 1.5 engine. Since the release of Medal of Honor multiplayer and the Vietnam pac you haven' had to adjust your FOV in the config to play 3 screens.

And my set up is 3840x1024 which is 3x19" monitors that are 4:3 ratio 1280x1024. When the game was first released the hud was outside the middle monitor, which kind of worked, and you had to adjust the FOV to make it look right. But after the above mentioned releases the game setup within the screens and also letterboxed the cut scenes. This actually made it a bit cluttered during gameplay but the FOV was awesome.

But my issue is with ATI and the cat updates, Only the 10.3 through 10.5a work with my setup.

3 x HD5870 in trifire on a crosshair IV mobo
AMD X6 1090T 6 core CPU with a H50 water cooler
6 gig of corsair XMS3 DDR3 ram TR3X6G1600C8
And I'm running the sapphire active Display Port to DVi adaptor, it has the USB connector.

And if I use any other drivers since 10.5a, (10.4 are the most stable) I get screen flicker, Blank screens and other graphical glitches and it's shitting me. All the other games work fine, benchmark scores improve but those two frostbie 1.5 games just glitch out.
I think It's just one of those things with custom builds sometimes you have keep the one set of drivers forever.

Don't be too harsh on DICE they are trying but as awesome as multi monitor gaming is a 55" plasma at 1920x1080 running at full speed will satisfy the masses.

But if anyone has a solution for the screen flicker I'll pay :)

And EA won't get my money for BF3 until I play a demo :)