Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 12:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Raven Shield
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2004, 06:49 

i just installed this and yes it has widescreen support.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2004, 16:08 

But requires a working 800x600 resolution for the menu. :D

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2004, 16:36 

I've got this in the closet, I guess I'll have to drag it out an try it on my laptop tonight.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2004, 07:14 

runs fine at 1200x800 for me.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2004, 12:34 

Hi folks, I just heard about this forum, so i'm a newbie, but you'll definitely hear from me in the future. :D

As far as Widescreen on Raven Shield is concerned, I've been playing it at 1152x648 since it was released on my 65" Hitachi HDTV through the ATI All in Wonder 9700 Pro w/Component adapter (which works beautifully, by the way).
It is stretched a bit, but it's definitely playable. If you're into matching competitively it's probably not something you'd want to use, but if you're just sitting on your couch being lazy, it doesn't get much better than this. :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2004, 18:55 
Editors
Editors

8) FOV hack here ...

http://toca.game-editing.net/files

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2005, 00:54 

This hack is non-effective for me. Has anyone actually gotten it to work?

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2006, 16:31 

I recently purchased a Dell2007WFP (so far thankfully not seeing the old issues I read about... figured could return it so tried it out) and for the first time in over a year had a reason to whip out Ravenshield.

A friend was coming over and it was one of the few FPSs we had in common so he installed his on my old desktop with crt and I put mine on my new one with the lcd.

I would get to the RedStorm screen and it then starts to flicker without going anywhere forever. Couldnt alt-tab or alt-f4 either.

After messing with the graphics mode, I got no where.

I tested to see if patch or install was prob (patch 1.6) so I installed clean again and same results. I modified the ini to use 800x600 and I set desktop to 1280x1024 and did same for ini. I am not sure when it happened, but at one point right after an install on the first try it went to the Game Menu successfully, but when I saw 1680x1050 video option, before thinking I chose it and fubared it again. Oddly enough I could not figure how to revert it again (meaning I changed to 800 and to 1280 in ini to no avail.

All I can assume is there is some 'shaders'-like directory like BF2 which stores something that is set 'wrong'?

Anyhow - I am not looking (yet) to improve FOV or get any widescreen 'features' just trying to PLAY the game. I ended up using Wife's pc with her old Samsun 19" LCD.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2006, 12:46 

Out of curiosity would you happen to be running SLI?
I had the exact same "flickering" issue while running SLI, the only fix I had found was to completely disable SLI while playing RVS. This is pretty goofy though considering that Nvidia lists RVS as an SLI supported game, and includes a profile for it in the control panel!

The problem I seem to be having with RVS right now is that everything is not scaling correctly. Hand and gun are enormous on my 24" and everything is squished. The oddest part is that 2 buddies of mine are running the 2405FPW's and they don't have any issue. I've tried different drivers, configs, and it seems that the only issue is the resolution.(See nearby Ravenshield post).

Post subject: Re: Raven Shield
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2011, 18:04 

Can anyone help me finding FOV memory address? Toca's hack doesn't work, and there is no other way to change FOV in game.