Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 04:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 14:03 

Hi, I recently set up my th2go digital on 3 Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ monitors, everything installed and setup fine and I'm currently running 5040x1050 without any problems, except one. The picture quality is very bad, I dont quite know how to describe it but it looks a bit like a freshly formated pc before any video drivers have been installed.

I tried taking some photos to help describe it, this is the best photo I could manage:

http://img687.yfrog.com/img687/5482/p1010151m.jpg - Around her neck/eyes etc

Screenshot of same image: http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2205/snapshot20100112163152.jpg

This is the problem I have on any monitor connected through the Matrox GXM, nomatter what resolution or setup (even single screen mode) I have tried several other monitors, new nvidia drivers and just about everything else I can think of, all monitors look perfect when not using the TH2G.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or does anyone know what might be the cause of this? I really cant use my PC like this for anything other than browsing, and some games and where i don't notice it as much (though it still happens.) Watching any videos/movies/youtube is just unbearable.

Any help would be appreciated :) Thankyou.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 00:14 

Hi,have you checked the hardware,the TH2G?,the Cable?the connections between the TH2G and the cable to the PC and to the Displays?
maybe the picture quality depends up on the right fit from the connections.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 01:05 

Is this for everything or only things that are graphically accelerated?

For the obvious: What color bit mode are you in?

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 09:27 

Its happening for everything, I'm definatly in 32 bit color mode. I've made sure all the cable connections are tight and such, and tried replacing the cables from the TH2G to my monitors with no luck, unfortunately I can't change the cable from my PC to the TH2go because I don't have any other Dual-Link DVI cables.

Could the Single-Link DVI cables be a problem(the ones that were supplied with the monitors?)

I have ordered 4 replacement Dual-Link cables anyway and hopefully by some miracle its only the matrox cord and not the TH2go itself.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 14:30 

Hallo,which frequenzy to you have with the TH2G in the 5040x1050 Resolution?

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 14:50 

Maybe ,use an Monitor Tester its an Software its guides you in setting and adjusting the parameters and controls of your monitor like picture size and position, color convergence and purity, brightness and contrast, focus, interference, and high-voltage regulation.
Maybe you can solve your problem with this Software.