Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 17:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2010, 03:06 

That monoprice adapter looks exactly like this Kanex:
http://kanexlive.com/products/iAdaptC30.html

~$67 at monoprice, but $99 at Kanex's own store.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 04:54 

Boy I must of got lucky! My setup has been perfect for 6 months! I am a 46 year old gamer and all that tweaking would drive me crazy!!

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010, 16:53 

I have a Asus HD5870 Matrix and 3 Benq G2420HDBL screens.
I have had huge problems with the display drivers, when i used asus drivers my machine hung about 10 times with power cycle to reboot it before i got it stable.
(Probably due to the fact that they UC my card to 157mhz at start-up)
The only good thing with the asus drivers was almost no screen flicker, with ATI own drivers the screen on the DP active adapter flickered about every 3 seconds.
This was driving me mad.
The solution for me was to connect my Bizlink DP-DVI adapter to a wallsocket USB charger that gives 5v, 700mAH
Voila no more flickering and no more crashes!

Edit, i spoke to fast, the DP screen still flickers but not as much as before.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 10:32 
Administrators
Administrators

Birks :welcome
The solution for me was to connect my Bizlink DP-DVI adapter to a wallsocket USB charger that gives 5v, 700mAH

Where are you located Birks? UK or US?
As you state this is happening less frequently than before when using the 700mA power supply, would you be willing to test using 1 of my cables?
Ibrin and I are kindly donating some USB Y Splitter cables that spread the load of power across 2 USB ports to provide up to 1000mA of current.

I am tryig to build a bigger picture with as many members as possible, so if you would like a cable, shoot me a PM with an address and I shall arrange to get one shipped to you free of charge.

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 14:24 

Birks :welcome
[quote]The solution for me was to connect my Bizlink DP-DVI adapter to a wallsocket USB charger that gives 5v, 700mAH

Where are you located Birks? UK or US?
As you state this is happening less frequently than before when using the 700mA power supply, would you be willing to test using 1 of my cables?
Ibrin and I are kindly donating some USB Y Splitter cables that spread the load of power across 2 USB ports to provide up to 1000mA of current.

I am tryig to build a bigger picture with as many members as possible, so if you would like a cable, shoot me a PM with an address and I shall arrange to get one shipped to you free of charge.

Hi Delphium and thanks for the warm welcome :)
I Live in Sweden.
Thanks for the offer but i´ve already bought a new usb power adapater that gives 1000mA.
So far it has not flickered even once, but i´ve learned from my last post so i will not say that it is fixed until i´ve tried it for a few days.
I´ll promise to post again in a few days.
Btw this is the one i bought.
http://www.deltaco.eu/Details.aspx?PID=USB-AC2&BLOCKED=0&GROUP5=

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 20:23 

Like many other people, I've been experiencing the constant flickering and blanking of the monitor connected to the DP port of my HD5850 via a Saphire DP to DVI active adapter (FW:034) for the past few months but I did not want to invest in other solutions I was not comfortable with nor did I want to void my warranty by flashing my EAH5850 BIOS. I bought an external self-powered USB hub (5V 500mA) but that did not solve the problem.

Two days ago, I decided to manually modify the section in the XML files representing my ATI profiles (c:/users/username/AppData/local/ATI/ACE/Profiles) by replacing the line

with

This upped the lowest voltage from 0.95V to 1.00V without the need to flash the BIOS and I've been running without a single flicker for the past 2 days. The monitor is as stable as it was previously when using the VGA connection via a Saphire active DP to VGA adapter (my temporary solution until being able to use the DVI one).

I am running Catalyst 10.3 and have not tested it with other versions. I might have to edit the profiles again after a driver update or a change to my profiles via CCC, but so far it looks like a simple and non costly solution for me. I only have 2 profiles so editing them is not time consuming for me.

I am posting this here in case it works for some of you too. I realize that what works for some might not work for others but we need to share our experiences.

Best regards,

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2010, 20:42 

Hi Delphium and thanks for the warm welcome :)
I Live in Sweden.
Thanks for the offer but i´ve already bought a new usb power adapater that gives 1000mA.
So far it has not flickered even once, but i´ve learned from my last post so i will not say that it is fixed until i´ve tried it for a few days.
I´ll promise to post again in a few days.
Btw this is the one i bought.
http://www.deltaco.eu/Details.aspx?PID=USB-AC2&BLOCKED=0&GROUP5=

Update:
When booting up the computer after a nights rest its rock solid, no flickering.
But when i wake up my monitors after they have been in sleep mode (after a few minutes afk) the DP monitor flickers from time to time for a few minutes before it gets rock solid again.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 23:39 

Im getting sick of this,

you have to pay alot to make this actually happen, i mean when you want it, you want it to be good right?
so 3x 24" samsung 2443BW makes it work with a bizlink dual link dvi displayport.
NOT!

only if you have an insane low resolution it stops flickering and also stops the enoying other stuff like blacking out, and give you the " theres a problem with your displayport" message, wish drives me mad!

Is ati going to fix this?

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2010, 04:12 
Founder
Founder

Im getting sick of this,

you have to pay alot to make this actually happen, i mean when you want it, you want it to be good right?
so 3x 24" samsung 2443BW makes it work with a bizlink dual link dvi displayport.
NOT!

only if you have an insane low resolution it stops flickering and also stops the enoying other stuff like blacking out, and give you the " theres a problem with your displayport" message, wish drives me mad!

Is ati going to fix this?

It seems like most people are getting this fixed. Have you done a clean driver update using Driver Sweeper? And, have you tried getting a high power USB power supply?

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2010, 13:08 

Update.

Still runing pretty solid on 5970(cat 10.6/10.7/10.8) Accell B087B-003J mini displayport adapter rev 2.0.

Get mouse cursor corruption occasionally.Mostly in games menu.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next