Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Oct 2024, 16:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010, 20:54 

I have an acer G185H wide LCD monitor that uses 1366x768 resolution. Box says "16:9"

anyway, whenever I play a game, the screen is pushed to the left, so that some of the left is cut off and a black strip is visible on the right end of the screen. this seems to happen with any game, but I noticed setting the resolution to a lower 800x600 makes the screen fit correctly for some reason. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but I could have sworn the games were centered perfectly at times. If that was the case, I dont know if the "autoconfig" that moves the screen around fixed something, but I have seen it come up even when i started a game, but the screen still isn't right.

I don't know if it's possible this has anything to do with my display (graphics card) but I am getting a new one tomorrow.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2010, 09:29 
Editors
Editors

Moved to hardware forum.

This is a hardware issue. More correctly how your screen handles the input signal. Autoconfig on the screen adjusts the image to the analog signal (hor and vert sync).

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2010, 19:14 

okay, now the screen is fitting correctly again, for no apparent reason, I was playing a couple different games for a little while yesterday. And I just now launched a game just to check, still looks fine.

i wouldn't doubt it will go off center again, maybe if it has something to do with the auto config there's a way to turn that option off, since the monitor must be configured correcty at this point?. but I'm also expecting a new graphics card from UPS sometime today, seeing as that is a display device, I'm guessing there's a good chance there might be a different reaction? hopefully nothing that causes a problem.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010, 00:53 
Editors
Editors

The GFX card sends a signal according to the vesa standard. Optimally, you install the monitor .inf file for best result.

On your screen, there should be a place in the menu where you can press autoadjust yourself. Some screens even have a button where you can access it directly. On analoge signals, many monitors adjust automatically upon each change of resolution/signal.