Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 15:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 08:51 

Hi,

is there ant tool, utility to color calibrate, match 3 monitors with the above stystem... so moving a pictures from one monitor to another will be the same on any monitor? any test patterns whatever to set it up?

I would love then to have the print out be the same color i see on screen any help?

Or match the print out to be the same as the screen color?

this is without spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 01:00 
Insiders
Insiders

I can empathise.

You can use a piece of hardware, like the "Spyder" product series, which seem highly recommended.

OR be a cheapo like and do it manually:

I use mspaint to make a few horizontal color bars and fill my screens. Then i use the video drivers to alter the Color Temperature until my whites match, then i start messing with my RGB settings until it's close enough to be acceptable.

The first time i did this, it took me about 40 minutes of frustrating work, but now i can get it done in about 3 minutes. My colors now match pretty well, except I've never been able to get yellow quite right. It's still closely matched, but I have to stop and really look for the difference. I'm pretty picky, but it's good enough for me.

It's a good reason to have identical displays.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 01:09 

You can use a piece of hardware, like the "Spyder" product series, which seem highly recommended.

Although I don't believe Eyefinity allows you to use three different profiles at the same time.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 07:43 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]You can use a piece of hardware, like the "Spyder" product series, which seem highly recommended.

Although I don't believe Eyefinity allows you to use three different profiles at the same time.
This +1 I'm sad about it.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2010, 17:39 

I believe because windows sees it as one monitor you can only have 1 profile active. You would have to calibrate the middle monitor and then manually match up the other 2 if they are out.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2010, 06:31 

That's what I ended up doing. I have three identical monitors, and they looked identical when they were new, but their color profiles have slowly drifted over the years.

Without calibration, my left monitor has a yellow tint and is dimmer than the other two, my middle monitor leans more towards blue, and my right monitor is close to perfect.

I spent hours tweaking the color settings on the monitors themselves (since you can't calibrate separately from your drivers when in SLS mode) to get them all matching again. I haven't had to do that in a long time, so I'm guessing the backlights have aged to a point where their color profiles have stopped drifting appreciably.