Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 07:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Crysis 2
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011, 05:03 

http://www.gamersmint.com/crysis-2-worlds-first-pc-shots-will-blow-your-mind/

This is a beautiful, beautiful game.

Basically the game got stolen from Crytek and posted online, even the master authentication key for the DRM was included.

The release is compiled in debug mode, it's missing a bunch of content (textures, sounds) otherwise its the full game + multiplayer 49 days till it was supposed to come out.

Post subject: Re: Crysis 2
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011, 09:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Oh boy, here we go.

I wonder how Crytek is going to punish innocent PC gamers for this debacle.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011, 09:20 

Oh boy, here we go.

NO SOUP FOR YOU.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011, 19:41 
Insiders
Insiders

From what I've rad of even this unfinished "release", it runs quite well and looks liek a lto of fun.

But ooo, I'll be it'll be riced at $60 in NA. Oh well. I LOVED Far Cry (and think I'll install it again; Ive never played in in Eyefintiy) and Crysis/Wars was good enough to buy/ I'm sure i'll buy this one, too.

I first read of it at the tweakguides.com main page. The guy tells us about it, then says, "don't download it." But i guess I would've read of the leak eventually, anyway. But what's the point of playing something that's incomplete anyway? It's like watching a camrip.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2011, 00:09 

But what's the point of playing something that's incomplete anyway? It's like watching a camrip.

That is hands down the best statement that I have heard on the subject.

With the missing content I hear that it is simply not all that great of an experience, otherwise it would be quite a great game.

Something of note on the performance. This should actually have rather subpar performance compared to the full release, simply based on the fact that it has dlls compiled in debug mode which in other engines such as source for example can drop the FPS by like a quarter compared to the release mode dlls.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2011, 10:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Oh boy, here we go.

How innocent are we though? I mean this is being downloaded and played by thousands and thousands of people as we speak. The same people will then complain about the DRM on games and feel like some kind of martyr. Get over yourselves. :hide

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2011, 12:14 
Editors
Editors

"EA Blog" wrote:
Crytek has been alerted that an early incomplete, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites. Crytek and EA are deeply disappointed by the news. We encourage fans to support the game and the development team by waiting and purchasing the final, polished game on March 22. Crysis 2 is still in development and promises to be the ultimate action blockbuster as the series’ signature Nanosuit lets you be the weapon as you defend NYC from an alien invasion. Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2011, 13:02 

How innocent are we though? I mean this is being downloaded and played by thousands and thousands of people as we speak. The same people will then complain about the DRM on games and feel like some kind of martyr. Get over yourselves. :hide

It's almost hard to blame them. First of all people are naturally curious, they just want to see what the buzz is about. There is no PC demo despite it being out on the xbox 360 for like a month now. Even if someone preordered the game they might be inclined to download it simply because of how far away from the release date we are.

At the same time if anyone is actually pirating this game to actually play it... What the fuck. Why even spoil it for yourself like that? This release is really quite bad due to the missing content and debug mode. Its sort of akin to watching say a 'CAM' release of a movie. Like christ, the least that you can do is show a small amount of respect by playing what they actually wanted us all to play.

Telling a filmmaker that you watched his (or her) movie on your smartphone is worse than telling them that you pirated it... simply because you had a subpar experience watching their piece of art. [via John Landis to Penn Gillet]

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2011, 14:03 
Editors
Editors

Even if someone preordered the game they might be inclined to download it simply because of how far away from the release date we are.

I can confirm that.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2011, 13:28 

They need to hire new people..