Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Sep 2024, 16:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 23:08 

You can do what I did:

Exit Steam.
Go to your Steam installation, common folder, right click on the skyrim folder, right click, go to Previous Versions, select a date before the patch, and click Restore.
Disconnect your internet connection, restart Steam, and play using whatever fix was working for you prior to the 1.3 update.

That's what I am doing, only using my phone for internet until it's fixed heh.

I'll have to do this tonight, but rather stay connected to the internet, make sure my "do not update" is turned on and see if Steam is not just blowing smoke on the do not update fix.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 23:14 

I'm gonna have to wait for the HaYden fix as well, even though I have restore enabled, I do not have any previous versions available to go back to...lol I prolly disabled something but I do have the restore turned on....hmmm
PayDay tomorrow, making a big donation Fo Sho!

THANKS!!!

Post subject: I need some testers -
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 23:22 
Insiders
Insiders

I need some testers - preferably with windows configured with non-standard regional areas.. eg. not set to America or generic english country, or maybe different language settings.

The reason for this is automatic version detection, it should now be compatible with 1.1/1.2 and 1.3 but I would like to test this before releasing but its possible it might have some quirks with non-mass regional settings.

Please PM me if you fall in the category above.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 23:23 

Guys, I am not so sure Bethesda is doing something wrong . They are fxing bugs and adding features, which we want. It is not like they are breaking mods on purpose.

I am as anyone that we got a ported over version of the Xbox build complete with a ui made for a controller, but they are also adding what they need to like 4 gig support in the next patch (or shortly)

Agree and disagree. It's great they're fixing things, and surely they're not breaking the mods on purposes. The point is, they should have built widescreen support into the game from the start. Considering 2 developers here have been able to backwards engineer their way into the game and make it work in just a few weeks during their spare time, there's no excuse for Bethesda to not have been able to build it into the game in the first place.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 23:32 

Hayden, out of curiosity how complicated would it have been for Bethesda to have supported Eyefinity out of the box?
When I loaded Skyrim for the first time, it didn't even offer a resolution above 1920*1080. I guess "natively supporting" Eyefinity means the game's architecture allows it?
I tried restoring the game to a previous version as was suggested. "There are no previous versions" is what I got lol.

Everytime Hayden fixes this game, Bethesda releases a new 'patch' (which are some of the worst patches I have seen: cleaning up dead wedding guests? Really? How about fixing some of the quests so you can finish them? I had to work some magic JUST to finish the Thieves Guild questline") and it breaks it. Bethesda will EASILY have 5-10 more patches like this, especially when the patches themselves are so minor and address trivialities. Is Hayden really expected to put out 0.9, 1.0, 1.1 ect?? Bethesda should start an Eyefinity division and hire him as project lead...

They are lucky they created such an awesome game...lol

P.S:
My Vapor X 5870 1gb can run Skyrim with AA set to 2 on ultra settings at 6000*1080 quite nicely. I intend to upgrade to the 7970..whenever that comes out.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 23:47 
Insiders
Insiders

Hayden, out of curiosity how complicated would it have been for Bethesda to have supported Eyefinity out of the box?
When I loaded Skyrim for the first time, it didn't even offer a resolution above 1920*1080. I guess "natively supporting" Eyefinity means the game's architecture allows it?
I tried restoring the game to a previous version as was suggested. "There are no previous versions" is what I got lol.

Everytime Hayden fixes this game, Bethesda releases a new 'patch' (which are some of the worst patches I have seen: cleaning up dead wedding guests? Really? How about fixing some of the quests so you can finish them? I had to work some magic JUST to finish the Thieves Guild questline") and it breaks it. Bethesda will EASILY have 5-10 more patches like this, especially when the patches themselves are so minor and address trivialities. Is Hayden really expected to put out 0.9, 1.0, 1.1 ect?? Bethesda should start an Eyefinity division and hire him as project lead...

They are lucky they created such an awesome game...lol

P.S:
My Vapor X 5870 1gb can run Skyrim with AA set to 2 on ultra settings at 6000*1080 quite nicely. I intend to upgrade to the 7970..whenever that comes out.

Put it this way, it would have taken them substantially less time to implement a fix by modifying the code rather than spending 20+ hours reverse engineering it to a slightly sub-par effect. [at last count, we're modifying 16 values, rewriting 2 new functions, patching many call events to those functions in quite a few different parts of the EXE, most games you get away with changing ONE OR TWO values, this is why updates take so long -- each one of those changes must happen at a different address every update.]

Perhaps the steamworks workshop will allow this to be addressed in a more exotic fashion in the future, but as with any studio who chooses not to support such features, shame on them.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 23:54 

I did that, thanks though. saving the 1.3 for when Hayden is ready, since it does fix bugs and has core 2 support.

The script extender people just released a 1.3 compatible version, and the 4 gig launcher still works.

Guys, I am not so sure Bethesda is doing something wrong . They are fxing bugs and adding features, which we want. It is not like they are breaking mods on purpose.

I am as anyone that we got a ported over version of the Xbox build complete with a ui made for a controller, but they are also adding what they need to like 4 gig support in the next patch (or shortly)

I agree that Bethesda probably isn't going to focus on multi-monitor support for a while if ever. Before I bought the game though I thought I read an interview from Bethesda though saying they would be supporting multi-monitor in Skyrim since it was working in Oblivion. Not sure if my memory is accurate on that though. If not then I can't really fault them fi that is their business model and I can see why they wouldn't want to support multi-monitor configurations for the 100 users or so that are using it.

Actually my beef hasn't really been with Bethesda on this issue as much as Steam because of auto-updating to patches when they have a "Do not update" option that obviously has not been working.

Since people here (Helifax and HaYDeN mostly) have already proven it can be done with reverse effort, I personally feel that it would be in Bethesda's best interest to put it into the game just to say they have it for sales pitching and advertising the game from a company standpoint. It's hard for me to believe that none of the people at Bethesda (especially the developers) don't have a desire to have this game working on multi-monitors for themselves or have it working internally already. Maybe Bethesda should take some of their profits from the game and just start paying HaYDen. :)

Bethesda has always put out fun games but always VERY buggy. I don't know how many employees they have at Bethesda now-a-days but I remember talking to a developer back when Daggerfall came out about issues I was fixing by modifying the files and he told me back then that the company didn't have great support for it's developers and didn't have good game testing procedures in place. It's almost like they release a game counting on the public to finish it. This is probably why they released the developer kit to the public with Oblivion.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 00:13 
Insiders
Insiders

Version 0.9 is now available in the Skyrim Detailed Report

0.9 ChangeLog:
- Added support for 1.1 and 1.3
- Automatic detection of EXE version.
- Misc Changes

Note the addition of Version detect - Please report your region and wither or not you have any problems with this (It can be region specific)

+ Searching for RUNNING Skyrim Process...
+ Skyrim process found...
+ Process opened successfully!
# Image: c:program files (x86)steamsteamappscommonskyrimTESV.exe
# Version: 1.3.7.0 - Support Detected!
+ Executing ASM injection...
+ Allocating additional memory to process...
+ Generating Function 1 (Wrote 64 Bytes)...
+ Generating Function 2 (Wrote 10 Bytes)...
+ Patching Mouse Positioning (Wrote 6 Bytes)...
+ Patching Mouse Handler (Wrote 5 Bytes)...
+ Patching Mouse Sensitivity (Wrote 17 Bytes)...
+ Patching Overscaling (Wrote 4 Bytes)...
+ Patching Model Scaling Values (Wrote 36 Bytes)...
+ Patching completed, Leave running until you exit Skyrim.

Thanks to those who tested it before release (no problems detected)

Has it helped you? Consider donating to the Chip-In widget on the left - Thanks all those who have already.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 00:33 
Editors
Editors

Version 0.9 is now available in the Skyrim Detailed Report

0.9 ChangeLog:
- Added support for 1.1 and 1.3
- Automatic detection of EXE version.
- Misc Changes

Excellent, thanks a lot HaYDeN. :twothumb

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 00:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Version 0.9 is now available

You've outdone yourself mate - did you have to set different patches for all 3 different exes?! Surely a lot more work?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 302  Next