Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 21:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Very good news that also
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 11:53 

Very good news that also ME1&2 are fixed :) I already gave up hope that someone manages it.

Thx for the hard work! I love this forum since i used the widescreenpatcher for Kotor 1&2 some years ago :)

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 13:53 
Insiders
Insiders

I tested both NVIDIA Surround and AMD Eyefinity for native support.

There is absolutely no NVIDIA Surround support natively.

AMD Eyefinity works almost perfectly but with one issue. If you use bezel compensation, the in-game HUD will not be centered. However, all of the menus, cutscenes, etc. are perfectly centered.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 14:11 
I Donated
I Donated

Hmm, strange, I don't know why this is, but the fix does not work for me at all.

NVIDIA Surround, on the latest drivers at 5760x1200.

I enable the fix right on the main menu (after it finished connecting to the "servers"), go into the Single Player menu and the HUD elements are still zoomed in. After that, if I leave the single player menu to go back to the main menu, the text elements are gone and some screens of the menu are flashing green.

Screenshot:

Also, the Multi-player menu is completely empty:

Post subject: Amon Amarth wrote:Hmm,
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 14:19 
Insiders
Insiders

Hmm, strange, I don't know why this is, but the fix does not work for me at all.

I enable the fix right on the main menu (after it finished connecting to the "servers"), go into the Single Player menu and the HUD elements are still zoomed in. After that, if I leave the single player menu to go back to the main menu, the text elements are gone and some screens of the menu are flashing green.

Screenshot:

By the looks of it..you didnt configure the plugin correctly.... or you are using a different Demo than Origin (if they even exist :))) )
Please make sure that everything is configured correctly. Also try to manually setup the plugin.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 14:22 
I Donated
I Donated

I litterally just tried that as you responded. Not quite working though.

I ended up taking off the Auto Detect Resolution option, and put 5760x1200 as both the Uncorrected, and Bezel Corrected Resolution (even though auto detect was already showing this.) And, lo and behold it worked on the first part of the Single Player. But when I went back to the main menu, the menu was empty with flashing green again.

Multi-player menu is still empty.

Post subject: Amon Amarth wrote:I
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 14:24 
Insiders
Insiders

I litterally just tried that as you responded. Not quite working though.

I ended up taking off the Auto Detect Resolution option, and put 5760x1200 as both the Uncorrected, and Bezel Corrected Resolution (even though auto detect was already showing this.) And, lo and behold it worked on the first part of the Single Player. But when I went back to the main menu, the menu was empty with flashing green again.

Multi-player menu is still empty.

The main menu is rendered HOR+ by default. Because of this you dont need to use the fix there.... SO DISABLE it before going back to Main menu. As for Multi player menu no idea and I can't test it:) But for me it worked at least poping that I dont have access yet or something.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 14:38 

I tested both NVIDIA Surround and AMD Eyefinity for native support.

There is absolutely no NVIDIA Surround support natively.

AMD Eyefinity works almost perfectly but with one issue. If you use bezel compensation, the in-game HUD will not be centered. However, all of the menus, cutscenes, etc. are perfectly centered.

Oh really? Ive never turned bezel compensation off.. Ill have to give it a shot and see how the hud looks now! Thanks for the heads up. But I can live without the centred HUD for the bezel compensation.

Post subject: Amon Amarth wrote:Hmm,
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 17:06 
Insiders
Insiders

Screenshot:

Hi,
I re-tested and everything works OK. Just be sure that you enable the fix AFTER main menu is loaded!!! When going back to main menu enable the fix BEFORE going to Main Menu

Single-player menus work & Multi-player menus work!!!

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 05:55 

Thanks for the fix! It was killing me playing on a single monitor. This is the first time I've used Widescreen Fixer and, once I got the idea of it, it's working well enough. It's a shame I have to Windows Key out of the game to enable the fix (wish I could get it to work in-game). It's definitely better than nothing, though, so I can't really complain.

Edit: I noticed during combat that the targeting reticules for enemies is "off" and has a tendency to float around the enemies. Is this normal for everyone else or did I botch up the settings?

(Also, using Surround if that info helps anyone.)

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012, 04:28 

Having tried the usually modifications that typically could resolve such a rediculiously simple little thing.. specially considering how both mass effect 1 and 2 worked utterly Flawlessly in the menus and such using portriat mode eyefinity without any need for mods.... i was a little shocked to load up ME3 demo for the first time and see this tiny little thing in the middle of the screen... odd.

Followed emediately by an entirely USELESS main menu and every menu following basically inaccessible.

How did bioware break this? Go from ME1/ME2 and then break something as simple as high resolution support for something above 2560x1600. Cmon.

After reading through all the posts, doesn't appear that many people use eyefinity in portriat mode unfortunately... And having attempted the widescreen fix .... and seeing ZERO change.. i'm a bit irrate which isn't something i am found to be like.

Either way.... i just find it entirely bizarre how some of the oldest games on the planet work flawlessly in potrait mode.. i mean your essentially running VERY much near the 16:10/16:9 ratio so there is very little to no noticeable change to the hud scaling/stretching IF it does that.. usually just fits fine.

But nope.... useless.

And even attempting to run on a single display is impossible because the game has a great dislike for single display Portrait mode... i'm not going to disassemble my monitor system just to try and flit it around for a single game. Bad enough we are forced to use the oh so terrible and horribly setup Origins.

Anywho..

3 screenshots for an idea what's happening.

left and right monitor completely BLACK with nothing being displayed EXCEPT the ME3 cursor (go figure) even attempting to click blackness to continue doesn't appear to work.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/198/masseffect3demo20120226.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/198/masseffect3demo20120226.jpg
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8273/masseffect3demo20120226v.jpg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next