Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 17:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Ryukan wrote:Skripka
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 03:08 

[quote]Well don sir! :)

I'm getting a strange camera angle/FOV on the showracemenu, both when starting a new game in character creation as well as when accessed via console. The camera angle is at belly-button height rather than face height. Otherwise, works beautifully. :)

This is the only problem I am having with your fix Helifax, otherwise it is awesome and working well. But this FOV angle problem is making it really hard to create a character.

HaYDeN's old fix had this same problem, just go to single screen when you make a new char, otherwise golden.

Post subject: got it working - Thanks
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 03:47 

got it working - Thanks Helifax - appreciate your hard work for my favorite game $$ :)

Post subject: Neovalen wrote:Ryukan
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 03:49 

[quote][quote]Well don sir! :)

I'm getting a strange camera angle/FOV on the showracemenu, both when starting a new game in character creation as well as when accessed via console. The camera angle is at belly-button height rather than face height. Otherwise, works beautifully. :)

This is the only problem I am having with your fix Helifax, otherwise it is awesome and working well. But this FOV angle problem is making it really hard to create a character.

HaYDeN's old fix had this same problem, just go to single screen when you make a new char, otherwise golden.

Negative.

I never saw this behavior under Hayden's old fix.

Post subject: hey helifax, got an
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 03:50 

hey helifax, got an issue....i have my skyrim prefs file in Mygames folder set to 5040x1050, my triple head to go set at 5040x1050, and when i load up widescreen fixer v3.1 r386 with ur file above, i enable the fix at the intro logo and nothing happens.....still blown up huge on screen. i tried setting manual resolution and all...any ideas?

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 03:58 

Thank you Helifax, donating right after posting this.

The fix is working with the newest tesv.exe , no problem there. I am using 5760 by 1080, three screens. The following changes were needed to make objects in skyui look right when making selections.:

itemcard.align = right
itemcard.xOffset = 19.5
itemcard.yOffset = -8

itemicon.xOffset = 28
itemicon.yOffset = -8
itemicon.scale = 0.4

But I still have an issue once the fix is enabled. The data in the middle screen, when showing any menu items, spells, etc is bout 7% too much to the right, spilling unto the third screen. I am using skyui, the latest version. When I shoot arrows and spells they are also off by the same ammount so I miss all the time.

The fixer reads:

screen resolution 1920
screen offset 1966
adaptive resolution 5760

Thank you for your work.

Post subject: Cancel my last posting
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 04:14 

Cancel my last posting helifax. Ok I got it working now correctly except a few issues. After fast traveling to another location my HUD will jump to the left screen. Stay there then I fast travel again and it'll bounce back to center. Any guys have any ideas??? I'm running stock tesv file from steam, latest wsf, plugin from helifax, skyui, and sykrimpref file set to my resolution 5040x1050. Had to take off auto detect and set to 3 screens at 5040x1050. Or is this wrong for a TH2G? Thanks everyone I will also donate this weekend u guys are awesome!!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 04:41 

sometimes after coming out of map, the compass and stamina move to left screen, quickly toggling TAB will fix it until next map viewing.

i am having trouble getting it to enable durring the bethesda movie, i have to tap the button a dozen times, otherwise it doesnt enable.

i have been having to try a good 5 - 10 times before it gets correct, but once working, loading screens still are squished but not a big deal. Also a slight issue compatibility with SkyUI, if I set it up with the 49:10 custom aspect ratio the item displays over top the list, if i install SkyUI with standard aspect, the item dislplays HUGE, centered top of right monitor. not a huge deal.

AMD FX8320 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Alphacool and Heatkiller Watercooling

16GB Patriot DDR3 - HIS R9 280x & 7950 Crossfired

NZXT H440 - Razer Naga Epic - 4320x900 3x Samsung 940Bw

Corsair Ax1000i - Logitech DiNovo Edge & G13

============================================

Post subject: TRusselo wrote:sometimes
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 04:47 

sometimes after coming out of map, the compass and stamina move to left screen, quickly toggling TAB will fix it until next map viewing.

i am having trouble getting it to enable durring the bethesda movie, i have to tap the button a dozen times, otherwise it doesnt enable.

i have been having to try a good 5 - 10 times before it gets correct, but once working, loading screens still are squished but not a big deal. Also a slight issue compatibility with SkyUI, if I set it up with the 49:10 custom aspect ratio the item displays over top the list, if i install SkyUI with standard aspect, the item dislplays HUGE, centered top of right monitor. not a huge deal.

You can adjust that with the itemIcon.Scale and x/y offsets in SkyUI.cfg (play around with what works for you). The only issue I'm having with mine is reading tomes/scrolls the text is just barely too far to the left (see screenshot)... everything else works nicely tho! (didn't try char create)

Attached files

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 04:50 

thanks! didnt know we could play around with skyui .. well i didnt think to look.

I was just thinking... any way we could separate the arms in 1st person mode? pull them a little more onto the outer screens? they alaways seem so unnaturally close to eachother.

AMD FX8320 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Alphacool and Heatkiller Watercooling

16GB Patriot DDR3 - HIS R9 280x & 7950 Crossfired

NZXT H440 - Razer Naga Epic - 4320x900 3x Samsung 940Bw

Corsair Ax1000i - Logitech DiNovo Edge & G13

============================================

Post subject: Crash?
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 04:58 

Here is a new one for me. I start Skyrim and can load and play with the big menus.

But when I start the latest fix (at beth menu) then after the load screen for entering the latest save game, it exits to desktop every time.

When I load a save game without the fix running it loads as normal and plays ok (other than the bad menus)

This has never happened to me before. I have booted, and no change. I will keep poking around and let you know what I find.

Update in case anyone else has this problem - I did a file check and it found a few files to replace. After that things worked much better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250 ... 302  Next