Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 19:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 19:59 

Just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts.
Really appreciated.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 20:29 

I have just started to play through Skyrim after having it sit around since I bought it on day 1. Helifax's latest fix for Skyrim via Widescreen Fixer is working pretty well. I think I will set Skyrim to NOT UPDATE automatically, play through it once and then uninstall it.

I would like to say thanks to Helifax, Hayden and Dopefish for all their efforts at making multi-monitor gaming worthwhile where the developers can't be bothered for the most part. The gaming industry is starting to get really depressing for me as it continues to transition from entertainment medium to cash generator machine.

The user support for multi-monitor gaming is the only reason I haven't ditched it and just gone with a big single display.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 20:44 

Why are ppl still contacting Bethesda? They have officially said that 3 screen is not supported nor will they start to support it! You paid for the game to work on one screen not for 3. If you want it to work on 3 then you have to support the modding comunnity and Helifax, Dopefish and Hayden are doing just that.

Even if you gave Bethesda thousands of dollars they wouldn't support it.

:doh

this might be the worse attitude ive ever heard of ever in my life.
its like a getting a chefs hair in your soup and not complaining and just eating it anyway.

if everyone who was on this forum all complained directly to them, while they might not jump to support it, they might consider it in the futore for upcoming titles.
video game companies like to make money and if everyone says they can't deal with non-multi support maybe they will realize that means thousands of people will be unhappy, thats enough to put a dent in their income.

sure complaining doesnt give instant results, and in the end may do nothing anyway, but its ALWAYS WORTH DOING. Thats what customer service / support exist for, to hear complaints and help. even if they do nothing im sure they at least log the complaint to some extent.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 20:47 

Hey helifax thanks for all uve done so far!!! I figured out my issue with the HUD moving after viewing books and maps. It'll switch to the left screen or sometimes the right. I missed what you wrote about this only happening with the 360 controller which I am using. Easy fix though just open menu again. I can live with this otherwise it's perfect!! Thanks a bunch! Only other weird thing is during loading screens sometimes the level meter and wording on the right screen won't show up?? And the item/character will be really blown up. But when I toggle around the joysticks it's fine and shows up correctly? Any ideas? Minor issue but just was wondering if it's an easy setting fix? I'm running 5040x1050? Thanks again!!

Post subject: ugzz wrote:onthemour
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 21:08 

[quote]Why are ppl still contacting Bethesda? They have officially said that 3 screen is not supported nor will they start to support it! You paid for the game to work on one screen not for 3. If you want it to work on 3 then you have to support the modding comunnity and Helifax, Dopefish and Hayden are doing just that.

Even if you gave Bethesda thousands of dollars they wouldn't support it.

:doh

this might be the worse attitude ive ever heard of ever in my life.
its like a getting a chefs hair in your soup and not complaining and just eating it anyway.

if everyone who was on this forum all complained directly to them, while they might not jump to support it, they might consider it in the futore for upcoming titles.
video game companies like to make money and if everyone says they can't deal with non-multi support maybe they will realize that means thousands of people will be unhappy, thats enough to put a dent in their income.

sure complaining doesnt give instant results, and in the end may do nothing anyway, but its ALWAYS WORTH DOING. Thats what customer service / support exist for, to hear complaints and help. even if they do nothing im sure they at least log the complaint to some extent.

Lol you don't understand. Your complaints never go anywhere. Some one who has nothing to do with changing the game reads or hears them and auto generates a reply and deletes it. 3 screen gamers are probably less than 1% of the gaming comunity with consoles being the greatest. Your complaints are so insignificant to the developers that I am sure they ordered the front lines to never bring them forward to them, instead just delete them.

When you go to buy a $60,000 car and it does not come in convertible. What do you do? Do you buy it AND THEN complain to the company that the roof does not decline? lol

If the product you plan to buy does not do what you want it to do then simply do not buy it

Post subject: please help
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 21:23 

I'm very new to the whole triple monitor thing as well as this forum. I may not even be putting this post at the end :)

First thanks to Hayden and Helifax for putting all this work into these fixes. Those of us who can't code really appreciate it!

I'm running a Radeon 6950 setup. I'm wondering what the best resolution would be to run the game in. I keep hearing 5040x1050 referred to as "normal". What do you mean by normal?
I've been getting it to run at 5760x1080. Would it look better at 5040x1050? If so, is there a way to get my monitors to think they can do that? I'm running 3 ASUS VE278Q. I don't think they offer that resolution. Unless i'm mistaken.

Thanks for your help!!

Can anyone help me with this?

Post subject: helifax wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 21:28 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]Hi all,

Doing some minor tweaks and the fix will be ready:)

Fixed so far

- Books , no longer require a toggle. Now work 100% (Scrolls too). Minor bug found when using Xbox0360 controller: After viewing a book the hud moves to the left. It can be repositioned by pressing Start button twice. For Mouse+ Keyboard this doesn't happen...weird.
- Map is functional 100% no toggles are required. Map is now proper scaled and markers work correctly. Minor bug is when clicking on a marker: The menu appears on the right monitor but is 100% workable.
- Correct Aspect Ratio and full usage of skill menu. Skills are now properly displayed. Hud is properly displayed. Minor bug: Navigation with the mouse in the skill tree is wrong. I recommend the keyboard. Once a skill is selected to invest in the menu appears and the selection can be done with the mouse.
- Items are automatically scaled and centered based on your resolution.[b]
- [b]Hud is centered.
Sometimes when reverting from MAP the onscreen elements might appear on the left monitor. Hit ESC 2 times to correct this.
- Updated to work with the latest WSF build (big thanks to dopefish)
- Support for monitors starting from 2- 1001 monitors with nVidia Surround & Eyefinity Autodetection (thanks to WideScreen Fixer and dopefish for this)
- Text and icons in Loading Screens are now correctly displayed. Minor bug is found only when pressing Continue from Main Menu...
- Looking into an automatic way to start the fix once the game was found.

- The game required alot of modifications to make it work "natively". All modifications are made in the games engine.

Best Regards

Hi all!!!

I have finished tweaking it.. Please read the above description if you run into trouble.

At the moment it doesn't feature automatic activation of the fix (Still need to talk with dopefish and see how this is possible). So enable the fix WHEN the Bathesda INTRO MOVIE is playing....NOT Sooner, NOT later or you will run into unexpected behavior which is not correct.

- Grab WideScreen Fixer from http://www.widescreenfixer.org/
- Download the plugin from this post and put it in WSF's "Plugins" folder.
- Select the plugin and hit the GEAR icon.
- Autodection should work However if you have problems set your resolution manually.
- Click on SAVE Settings [b]
- Launch game and wait for the "Bathesda movie" to appear.
- Enable the fix. Default key is numpad *.

Please test it and let me know how it works for you:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Plugin is back online:) This one should work :) I also updated it and the bezels shouldnt be a problem now. Again, [b]VERY IMPORTANT

- Enable the FIX during the Bathesda INTRO movie - IF the main menu is not correctly scaled REDO until it works. Otherwise elements will not be correctly placed.

Best Regard,
Helifax

PS: If the fix doesn't work you are doing something wrong so retry.

Hello all, again!!!

Made some various improvements to the fix:

Fix will now enable itself automatically after 4 seconds once the TESV.exe was launched into execution - So no more manually enabling it.. Please test this and let me know if it works (Main menu should be perfectly scaled)
Fixed map markers offset
Improvement in the text placement in books and scrolls Now the text should be placed correctly and all the text should be visible.

The rest is the same:) as above!

Best Regards,
Helifax

Attached files Plugin.The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.rar (11.5 KB)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 21:30 

I'm very new to the whole triple monitor thing as well as this forum. I may not even be putting this post at the end :)

First thanks to Hayden and Helifax for putting all this work into these fixes. Those of us who can't code really appreciate it!

I'm running a Radeon 6950 setup. I'm wondering what the best resolution would be to run the game in. I keep hearing 5040x1050 referred to as "normal". What do you mean by normal?
I've been getting it to run at 5760x1080. Would it look better at 5040x1050? If so, is there a way to get my monitors to think they can do that? I'm running 3 ASUS VE278Q. I don't think they offer that resolution. Unless i'm mistaken.

Thanks for your help!!

No, running this at 5760x1080 is what you want to do and there is no reason to try and change it. It would not look better for you at 5040x1050. You want to run this at your combined nativel resolution for your system, it's just that, for a lot of people, that resolution is 5040x1050. I run at the same resolution you do.

Post subject: Phrayzur wrote:Phrayzur
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 21:34 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]I'm very new to the whole triple monitor thing as well as this forum. I may not even be putting this post at the end :)

Thanks for your help!!

Can anyone help me with this?

Hi:) No it will not look better at 5040x1050 if your native resolution is higher. 5040 is normal as in 1680x3. While 5230 is Corrected as in 1680x3 + 95 bezel correction between each monitor:)

Hope this clarifies the thingy:D

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: Exodus wrote:Phrayzur
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 21:35 

[quote]I'm very new to the whole triple monitor thing as well as this forum. I may not even be putting this post at the end :)

Thanks for your help!!

No, running this at 5760x1080 is what you want to do and there is no reason to try and change it. It would not look better for you at 5040x1050. You want to run this at your combined nativel resolution for your system, it's just that, for a lot of people, that resolution is 5040x1050. I run at the same resolution you do.

Great! Thanks for your help!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253 ... 302  Next