Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 08:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 05:08 

mick50008 wrote:
How insulting is it that they release a game with no 21:9 support when it was such a simple line of code they could have altered to get it working, then someone figures it out for them and we start playing it.. in the correct aspect ratio *shock horror, we can't have people using correct aspect ratio's* so they start banning us for it? Get outta here.

Not that I endorse it, But basically they are saying if you want to play dark souls 3 in wide screen you are better off torrenting it so you have no chance of getting a vac ban.

Let's not start confusing and confounding VAC bans with From Software's anticheat.
You can not. no matter what. get VAC banned from it. DS3 does not use VAC.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 06:01 

Still using this fix as well. At the rate that these 'softbans' are being reported (corrupted save, cheat engine, controller software, borderless gaming) it seems that the softban server might end up being bigger than the non softban.

Looking through all 2000 posts on reddit, there doesnt seem to be a reported softban for the 21:9 fix, but this might be because the fix is only about half a week old, and perhaps they sifted through their server data somewhere between 1.03 and 1.04 when this fix wasnt available? I dont know, I may be just shooting crap.

With alot of these things, time will tell, I have weighed it up though on the basis that I do get softbanned. The pros of playing in 21:9 quite simply outweigh the negatives of losing access to the 'legit' side of the DS3 servers. I simply cannot stand the black borders.

Hell I have played through DS2 and DS2 SOTFS using FW and a number of other graphical mods and I might have been softbanned but did not know it. Did it impact my gaming experience? I dont think so.....ignorance was bliss.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 07:48 

Just played several hours with the .exe with no issues. Played PvP for several hours, even fought a few streamers.
I've been using a reshade since day one and I've got 50 hours on my character so i'm guessing those are ok.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 13:39 

Been playing the game normally online after the widescreen fix was discovered. Played PVP, Summoned randoms, Got summoned by randoms. No bans or any other problems and the game looks glorious.
Perhaps its the same as DS2 SOTFS i always used flawless widescreen to get rid of the black bars and never got banned.

I only got one concern tho.. What happens when the game updates? Does the update fail because of modified ds3.exe or do we just apply the fix again?

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 23:25 

LordTohjo wrote:
Been playing the game normally online after the widescreen fix was discovered. Played PVP, Summoned randoms, Got summoned by randoms. No bans or any other problems and the game looks glorious.
Perhaps its the same as DS2 SOTFS i always used flawless widescreen to get rid of the black bars and never got banned.

I only got one concern tho.. What happens when the game updates? Does the update fail because of modified ds3.exe or do we just apply the fix again?

I've been using a modified .exe for The Witcher 3 so I can get cutscenes in 21:9 using this same hex edit method and for every update the .exe needs to be remade. Maybe it's different here but presumably it's the same.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2016, 01:14 

What would be the hex value for triple screens??? can someone share the number or better yet how to calculate myself???

thanks

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2016, 01:37 

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2016, 01:58 

Also using the modified .exe fix since it was posted and haven't been banned, or warned. Someone on the bandai forum was able to test and reportedly prove that bans happen if you play offline, progress, then go online.. which is truly a hilarious cheat detection engine, if true.

If anything changes and I get a warning, I'll followup and post again but this feels like coincidental timing not related to the fix found here.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2016, 03:03 

Martan wrote:
You can try this for 2560 x 1080:

1) HEX
Find this HEX string:
Code:

Change it to:
Code:
000A00003804

I have a question about this. Where does that string come from that you replace the original with?

I'm trying to figure out how to apply it to other resolutions\aspect ratios but I'm not sure how to generate the string for them.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2016, 05:44 
I Donated
I Donated

All softbans regarding Dark Soul II and SOTFS where reported regarding manipuilating the savefile, or using cheat engine. Just don't use cheat engine or mess with the save file.

Thanks to the community for figuring out a fix for Surround/Eyefinity and 21:9 users.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next