Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 10:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009, 05:36 

Hi All,

Like to find out how can I set this following setup?

I currently have an i7 965 / 3-way SLi GTX285 / 6GB / WinXP Pro SP 1 - 64Bit / 3x 24" DELL monitors.

I can't seem to have all 3 screen enabled as an extended desktop of 5760x1200 resolution, similar to those using a TH2G.

Where do I adjust this setting? In the Window Control Panel or Nvidia Control Panel?

Do I need to enable SLi?

I'm downloading Win7 64-bit now too.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009, 07:15 

doesnt work in 3-way sli as far as i know. you should try the cards in single mode or just plug 2 cards in sli-mode and let the 3rd card run solo and then plug 2 screens to the sli-cards and 1 screen to the solo-card

2 screens -> 2way-sli cards
1 screen -> solo card

or

2 screens -> 1st solo card
1 screen -> 2nd solo card

to make it clear :oops:

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009, 09:41 

doesnt work in 3-way sli as far as i know. you should try the cards in single mode or just plug 2 cards in sli-mode and let the 3rd card run solo and then plug 2 screens to the sli-cards and 1 screen to the solo-card

2 screens -> 2way-sli cards
1 screen -> solo card

or

2 screens -> 1st solo card
1 screen -> 2nd solo card

to make it clear :oops:

Do you mean that I can only get an extend desktop on 2 screens and another solo?

Does this also mean that an extended desktop won't reach the 5760x1200 res across 3x 24" monitors.

Lastly, got something back of my head about the windows task bar stretching across 3 screen, this is not possible right?

Post subject: rply
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2009, 13:43 

Maybe triple SLI just doesn't work for the TH2go if assuming all your monitors can already handle 57 Hz.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2009, 20:01 

nVidia only recently (Fall/End of last year) added dual monitor support to SLI. If you want to run 3 monitors you'll have to use 2-way SLI and use your 3rd card for PhysX - which isn't a terrible trade off anyway (except for the fact that you could have bought a less expensive card to run the PhysX calculations).

I would also highly recommend you get a copy of UltraMon. It works great for triple monitor setups and allows you to use high-res wallpapers across all three screens.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/