Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Oct 2024, 16:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Aion: Tower of Eternity
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 23:17 
Editors
Editors

screen shots of this game always make me wanna play it.

mmo games just hook me so easy, im trying to hold out for the star wars one personally though.

but now that I see surround is working its a definite ++ for this game.

Post subject: Aion: Tower of Eternity
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2009, 07:33 

This is great news. Once you get it all sorted, please write up a new DR with the steps, new screens, a before/after and at least one overlay. This will be big news.

go to the following link, it is a perfect step by step on how to set up the basic system.ovr file.

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general-guides/84379-definite-guide-aions-graphical-settings-performance-tips.html

Another problem is that the type of file is still a text document.
Select Folder and Search Options
Now Select the tab "View"
and now uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

And now look at your system.ovr file. Oh look it's now system.ovr.txt
So now rename it to system.ovr and drop off the .txt

If you want a separate program to handle camera zoom, try this:

http://aion.villagetechsupport.com/showthread.php?tid=246&page=1

It works great, I recommend setting it at 75 m and use the in game console with the command g_minfov 180 for the best viewing. There are tons of modifications you can do with the command console. I do recommend using some of the ones that increase the distance at which objects,NPC's, mobs other characters etc. appear or you will have stuff just phasing into existence right when you run into it.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 03:01 

[quote]This is great news. Once you get it all sorted, please write up a new DR with the steps, new screens, a before/after and at least one overlay. This will be big news.

go to the following link, it is a perfect step by step on how to set up the basic system.ovr file.

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general-guides/84379-definite-guide-aions-graphical-settings-performance-tips.html

It works great, I recommend setting it at 75 m and use the in game console with the command g_minfov 180 for the best viewing. There are tons of modifications you can do with the command console. I do recommend using some of the ones that increase the distance at which objects,NPC's, mobs other characters etc. appear or you will have stuff just phasing into existence right when you run into it.

I apologize if Im stating the obvious or reading this wrong,but I think when you open the notepad and add in the lines
to save it as an .ovr file you need to Save as "system.ovr" with the parentheses

is that what you were referring to above when you said it still is a text file ?

if I mistook what you wrote,ignore this :P

oh P.S. Thank you for this find =)

P.P.S. I wonder if anyone has tried this with Eyefinity and has some screens in 3x24" or even 3x30" res :o)

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 03:51 

[quote][quote]This is great news. Once you get it all sorted, please write up a new DR with the steps, new screens, a before/after and at least one overlay. This will be big news.

I apologize if Im stating the obvious or reading this wrong,but I think when you open the notepad and add in the lines
to save it as an .ovr file you need to Save as "system.ovr" with the parentheses

is that what you were referring to above when you said it still is a text file ?

if I mistook what you wrote,ignore this :P

oh P.S. Thank you for this find =)

P.P.S. I wonder if anyone has tried this with Eyefinity and has some screens in 3x24" or even 3x30" res :o)

I have, I am using Eyefinity with 3x1 21.5" monitors. Aion looks great at 5760 x 1080. Let me try clear up that bit about how to save that file. read through that link's instructions. It is very expicit that you DO NOT include the paranthesis when you save it as the name "system.ovr".
When you save it as system.ovr it is in reality system.ovr.txt. So you copy it into the Aion main directory, then (windows 7) you have to go to Organize ---> Folder and Search Options ----> View ----> and uncheck Hide Extensions for Known File Types. Now the system.over shows
up as system.ovr.txt . Right click it and rename it to system.ovr and that's it!

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 06:27 

I have, I am using Eyefinity with 3x1 21.5" monitors. Aion looks great at 5760 x 1080. Let me try clear up that bit about how to save that file. read through that link's instructions. It is very expicit that you DO NOT include the paranthesis when you save it as the name "system.ovr".
When you save it as system.ovr it is in reality system.ovr.txt. So you copy it into the Aion main directory, then (windows 7) you have to go to Organize ---> Folder and Search Options ----> View ----> and uncheck Hide Extensions for Known File Types. Now the system.over shows
up as system.ovr.txt . Right click it and rename it to system.ovr and that's it!

Cut +pasted from the op's (Aleste) thread in that link :hide

"Finally, click Save as in notepad. Name the file "system.ovr" including the Quotes and save it to a location you remember. You must save the text file with this name or it wont work."

:cheers

thank you again btw for the info,and Im playing it on 3 x24" but using a DTH2GO (without a great vid card 9800gx2)
the fov correction works great,I was about to drop playing Aion altogether,this find(along with a new computer incomming)might just change my mind :p

P.S. have any nice screen-shots of it in 5760x 1080 ?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 23:25 

Awesome find Skid! I'm finally off my windowed single center monitor and onto all three.

I've been trying to automate the FOV switch using a Logitech G-series keyboard macro in game, but have not had any luck getting the game to recognize the pause/break key via a macro.

It recognizes the pause/break key via the actual key press however, and I'm able to macro the text of the FOV command ("g_minfov 180").. so I can switch the FOV to 180 with three key clicks.

pause/break
macro
pause/break

Still not as good as one, but hey! It works!

If someone knows why another way to send pause/break through a G-series macro, or why it's not working, let me know.

hey, i didn't have a problem setting up a macro for it. but i think i might have done something you didn't. when i was recording the mmacro i hit enter before closing the console =P

so....

pause|break
g_minfov 180
enter
pause|break

should be good to go from there :)

----------

Aion - Jes Ranger on Israphel East.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 16:17 
Founder
Founder

Does anyone know if the new v1.9 fixes any FOV issues?

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 19:13 

you still need to access the command console and enter g_minfov 180 to get a good FoV in game.

PostPosted: 16 May 2011, 20:56 
Editors
Editors

Still no better FoV in Patch 2.0, and for some reason Aion always gets realy horribly Graphic errors, and crashes if i start game with a system.ovr

Edit: Okay..... it Works.. somehow... after 5 or 6 trys i now have the problem that Aion Freezes at Login, but no more Graphic bugs ingame! Console an g_minfov 180 works fine.