Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 05:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Are you serious gamers?
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 18:26 

Would just like to know if the members here are serious or more casual gamers (casual, meaning playing the odd game here and there, but not on a regular basis)?

I use to be quite serious but hardly play any now due to health and family priorities. I have a collection of 500+ Pc games which i dig out from time to time. My favourite genre being FPS but do enjoy most genres.

My favourite Games
1. Bioshock
2. Fallout 3
3. Halflife series
4. NFS Most Wanted
5. GTA series
6. Streetfighter IV
7. Tomb Raider series
8. Wolfenstein series
9. Pro Evolution Soccer
10. Unreal Tournament series

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 18:28 
Administrators
Administrators

I guess by that definition I'm a serious gamer. I play 2-4 hours a day to help disconnect from work :D

But I barely play more than 2 games in 4 months time.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 18:46 

I guess by that definition I'm a serious gamer. I play 2-4 hours a day to help disconnect from work :D

I'm lucky to play an hour a day now; with the way games have been lately I have lost a fair bit of interest in them but do still like to dabble

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 18:47 
Editors
Editors

2 hours a day here. :P

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 21:45 

Yeah, 2-3 hours a day I would guess. More when a new game I am in love with comes out.

Favorite game ever is Morrowind.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 23:09 

Bout the same for me, 1-2 hours a day. I only have a few games I consistantly play

Multiplayer FPS is pretty much my thing.

BF2
Crysis
UT3

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2009, 23:46 

I consider myself a serious gamer. Not because of time committed, but rather the quality of which I play. I also consider myself an "old-school" gamer. Where people used to respect each other. One rule that I game by and it bugs the shit out of me that no one now days seems to respect: If two people are dualing...(melee) you let them finish the fight. Feel free to kill the winner, but you LET THEM FINISH THE FIGHT!

List of games?
TF2
CSS
UT
Quake 3.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 01:25 

"Why so serious?"

Well, gaming for me is a hobby that keeps me active without the hassles I went through with other activities, ranging anywhere from car gas and maintenance expenses, to bike maintenance and expanses, to inconsiderate drivers whom have attitudes against cyclists, to crumbling mt bike trail rights access and funding, etc, etc. Granted, it's not done my conditioning much good being less physically active, but I still eat good and walk regularly enough to keep from becoming a total couch potato.

I like about half the games you have on your list, but also dislike the other half. I got started in gaming by downloading and playing demos of games, mostly mp like MoH Spearhead. It wasn't long before I got totally hooked and bought up any good shooter I could find at a good price, which back then meant used PC titles at EB Games for $5 - $15. My first two being RTCW and Deus Ex.

Well here I am nearly 8 yrs later, knowing much more about PCs, games, and even a bit of modding, but have mixed emotions about continuing to soak money into it even though much better hardware can be had at basically the same prices I paid yrs ago. The many bug riddled games and lazy console ports and oft times just poorly designed games leave me often feeling apathetic about it.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 01:40 
Insiders
Insiders

I game a lot, but i never would consider it a serious activity. But i gues it's a hobby for me, as well. I'm an introvert that only leaves the property to go to other houses, too cynical to be a "people person", and I've never understood the interest in viewing or participating in sport.

But games, I've always been hooked on, even since my father brought home his first C64.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 05:39 
Editors
Editors

I used to play 4 hours a day or more as soon as I get home from work. But now it's probably an hour a day if I can... otherwise it's a 2-3 hours on the weekend of the same 7-8 games.

BF2
NFS
GRID
TRANSPORT TYCOON
DIABLLO
TITANS QUEST
NHL09
UT
STALKER

basicly everything else I've tried, I've never enjoyed as much as these games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next