Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Oct 2024, 05:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 11:20 
Editors
Editors

Congratulations geniv2, looks great. :)

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 11:31 

Thanks for the useful pics!

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 12:08 

Thanks for the pics...

Your next purchase should be a larger case! :D Would help get some of those cables out of the way as well...

Glad I got my HAF932 earlier this year, shouldn't have a any worries with space.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 12:54 
Insiders
Insiders

What kind of case are you using?

Unrelated - i noticed you Remote Wonder receiver and what i assume is a Logitech RF receiver. How are those connected? Internally somehow, or extrenal and fed into the case? I woudl assuem that the case would interfere with the RF signals, but i guess y ou dont; ahve that problem. Just wondering because i too, have thsoe bastards conencted to my rig, 24/7.

What does that new card measure in length?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 14:50 

Framerates good at full native on all 3 24" panels?

I am a bit concerned with newer games that a single card may not be enough.

Like CF will help

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 16:28 

Looks great :)

Do you play WoW or any MMO's like Aion ? Would love to see some screens of that.

Wolfenstein 3 and COD 4 looks sweet.

yeah looks I am screwed for Eyefinity, I currently have the Apple 30" Display, awesome monitor bought back in 2006, but I can't add anything on either side except 2 more 30" Displays, and no thanks at that high price. My other option was three new 1920x1200res monitors, but that is still a few bucks, oh well...

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 16:49 

Ok, I will try to answer everyone's question in one post:

here are more pictures, I just didn't post them all on the thread
http://www.geniv.com/download/Eyefinity/

Specific answers to:

Cybereality
As for the knife.. I was on another forum and some guy got his 5870 faster than me and posted pictures.. and then rubbed it in and posted picture of two of them on one machine.. so I told him to take a picture of the cards from another angle with a kitchen knife to prove its his and not some pic from the internet. so in my pics I put a knife in it as a gag to him.

ViciousXUSMC
All the games run smooothly at 5760x1200 with the exception of Crysis (about 15-19fps) and NSF shift (about 25-30fps, but it's still very playable. If I disable Motion blurr I get very smooth fps).
and I have all gfx options on + 16xAF + 0AA. some older games COD4 I can have all optiosn on with 16xAF +4xAA.

Abram
I'm using a 3 year old RAidMax Smilidon case. Yes you are right I have a ATI Remote Wonder II dongle and Logitech Wireless RumblePad 2 dongle. they are connected via regular USB but internally. I took the mounting bracket off those USB brackets that you add to an expansion slot. so I plug that in the internal USB header and just shove the USB connectors + cables inside the case and connecte the dongles to that inside the case. (the whole cable/usb port thing is all under the 3.5" cage).

As for the Dongles reception.. I game close to the computer anyway so the Logitech wireless rumblepad still get good reception. and the ATI remote.. I drill a little hole in the plastic window to stick the antenna out for better reception:
Notice the white wire sticking out of the case window.

when it's all said and done it's nice and neat and both wireless dongle is inside the case internally with nothing hanging out or run around from the back

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 19:05 

Oh man, that COD4 screen looks so awesome I want Eyefinity now, damnit. Unfortunately, though my 5870 arrives tomorrow, I'm still on XP and will have to wait til 10/22 for Windows 7.

I guess you could always take a dremel tool to the drive cage if you want add it back. I might have to do that to mine. Mine is not removable and I have ~11 + 1/16" of clearance. I'm not exactly sure on that measurement as the paper I used to measured it with was a touch flexible. It's going to be close.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 19:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Looks pretty sweet, wonder how long that is compared to a 4870 X2?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 19:53 
Editors
Editors

I'll join you soon, got the HIS 5870 this morning from newegg when it came in stock, probably in the next 3 days all my monitors, cables, and the gpu should be here.

I'll find out the hard way if it can push all 4 of my monitors without a 2nd card (not at the same time, need to toggle between one of my 24" monitors to my 37" TV for movies and single screen games)

I have 3 days now to finish building my new desk and get my room back together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next